Affiliation: Klinikum rechts der Isar
- A randomised multicentre trial of acupuncture in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis--trial intervention including physician and treatment characteristicsMiriam Ortiz
Institute of Social Medicine, Epidemiology and Health Economics, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
BMC Complement Altern Med 14:128. 2014....
- Alternatives to prokinetics to move the pylorus and colonFlorian Pfab
Department of Preventive and Rehabilitative Sports Medicine, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 15:166-73. 2012..Gastrointestinal motility disorders (GMDs) are common in the ICU. When encountering these problems, one typically thinks of prokinetics. This review summarizes current evidence of treatments...
- Acupuncture for allergic disease therapy--the current state of evidenceFlorian Pfab
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 10:831-41. 2014..More experimental research is also needed to investigate mechanisms of action underlying acupuncture for allergy relief...
- Airborne indoor particles from schools are more toxic than outdoor particlesSebastian Oeder
Center of Allergy and Environment, Technische Universitat Munchen, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, 80802 Munich, Germany
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 47:575-82. 2012..Outdoor PM(10) had significantly lower effects, but induced detoxifying enzymes. Therefore, preliminary interventions for the reduction of classroom PM(10) seem reasonable, perhaps through intensified ventilation...
- Itch and eczemaUlf Darsow
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie und Allergologie am Biederstein, Munich, Germany
Chem Immunol Allergy 96:81-8. 2012..In the concept of eczema patient management, the therapy of clinical pruritus has to consider pathophysiology and perception by combining topical and systemic treatment...
- Recent progress in unraveling central nervous system processing of itch sensationFlorian Pfab
From the Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Technische Universität München Division of Environmental Dermatology and Allergy, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen TUM, ZAUM Center for Allergy and Environment and Department of Neurology, Klinikum r d Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
World Allergy Organ J 1:168-73. 2008....
- Pruritus and atopic dermatitisUlf Darsow
Department of Dermatology and Allergy Biederstein, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 41:237-44. 2011..In the concept of patient management, the therapy of clinical pruritus has to consider origin and perception of itch, namely the skin and the central nervous system, by combining topical and systemic treatment...
- Effect of acupuncture on allergen-induced basophil activation in patients with atopic eczema:a pilot trialFlorian Pfab
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Technische Universitat Munchen, Biedersteiner Straße 29, Munich, Germany
J Altern Complement Med 17:309-14. 2011....
- Acupuncture in acute herpes zoster pain therapy (ACUZoster) - design and protocol of a randomised controlled trialJohannes Fleckenstein
Multidisciplinary Pain Centre, Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
BMC Complement Altern Med 9:31. 2009..Objective of the present study is to investigate whether a 4 week semi-standardised acupuncture is non-inferior to sham laser acupuncture and the anticonvulsive drug gabapentine in the treatment of pain associated with herpes zoster...