Affiliation: Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Biological durability and oxidative potential of man-made vitreous fibres as compared to crocidolite asbestos fibresS Hippeli
Lehrstuhl für Phytopathologie, Labor für Biochemische Toxikologie, Technische Universität München Weihenstephan, Freising, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 56:633-48. 2001..Secondly we suggest, that phospholipids should be constituents of incubation liquids used for standardised fibre biodurability test procedures thus representing more realistic incubation conditions...
- Are hydrophobins and/or non-specific lipid transfer proteins responsible for gushing in beer? New hypotheses on the chemical nature of gushing inducing factorsSusanne Hippeli
Lehrstuhl für Phytopathologie, Labor für Biochemische Toxikologie, Technische Universitat Munchen, Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 57:1-8. 2002..Furthermore, increased formation of ns-LTPs (non-specific lipid transfer proteins), synthesised in grains as response to fungal infection, and their modification during the brewing process may be responsible for malt-derived gushing...
- Biochemical activities of extracts from Hypericum perforatum L. 1st Communication: inhibition of dopamine-beta-hydroxylaseE Kleber
Lehrstuhl für Phytopathologie, Labor für angewandte Biochemie, Technische Universitat Munchen, Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 49:106-9. 1999..Enzymes involved in the synthesis of dopamine from tyrosine, namely tyrosinase and tyrosine decarboxylase, are not influenced by hypericin at concentrations from 1 up to 10 mu mol/l...
- OH-radical-type reactive oxygen species derived from superoxide and nitric oxide: a sensitive method for their determination and differentiationS Hippeli
, , Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 52:564-70. 1997..Comparison of the individual inhibition types of several selected compounds allows a differential analysis as to the generation pathway of the final oxidants, OH- radical or peroxynitrite...
- Comparison of the inhibition of myeloperoxidase-catalyzed hypochlorite formation in vitro and in whole blood by different plant extracts contained in a phytopharmacon treating functional dyspepsiaHarald Schempp
Institute of Phytopathology, Laboratory of Applied Biochemistry, Life and Food Science Center, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 54:389-95. 2004..If one of the component extracts of IG is omitted, the antioxidant acitivity is reduced. Thus we conclude that all the single extracts combined in IG are of importance for the therapeutical effect, working in concert...
- Attenuation of blood parameters in smokers and non-smokers after intake of a complex food additiveSusanne Hippeli
IsarLabSystems, Dr. Hippeli und Dr. Domisch GBR, Gartenstr.1, 85354 Freising, Germany
Z Naturforsch [C] 58:119-27. 2003..These results may contribute to the discussion of the intrinsic deficiency brought about by smoking and the possible attenuation of part of these deficiency by increasing the intake of certain vitamins or food additives...
- Antioxidative properties of the essential oil from Pinus mugoJohanna Grassmann
Institute of Vegetable Science, Life Science Center Weihenstephan, TUM, Durnast 2, 85350 Freising, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 51:7576-82. 2003..Terpinolene, a minor component of PMEO, exhibited remarkable protection against LDL-oxidation...