Affiliation: Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Effect of carbohydrate- and protein-rich meals on exercise-induced activation of lipolysis in obese subjectsJ Erdmann
Else Kröner Fresenius Center of Nutritional Medicine, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Horm Metab Res 42:290-4. 2010..When carbohydrates are consumed 2 h prior to exercise its lipolytic effect is comparable to the protein meal. These data are useful in every day dietary counselling and might help to improve weight loss during obesity treatment...
- Relation of plasma obestatin levels to bmi, gender, age and insulinF Lippl
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of the Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Horm Metab Res 40:806-12. 2008..The inverse relationship with insulin might depend on the level of hyperinsulinemia. The present data are compatible with a potential role of obestatin in nutrient regulation...
- Disturbances of basal and postprandial insulin secretion and clearance in obese patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusJ Erdmann
Department of Nutritional Medicine, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Horm Metab Res 44:60-9. 2012..In conclusion, the present data indicate that apart from disturbances of insulin secretion substantial changes of insulin clearance contribute to inadequate peripheral insulin concentrations in obese DM2 patients...
- [Bariatric surgery. Patient selection and indication]V Schusdziarra
Else Kröner Fresenius Zentrum für Ernährungsmedizin, Klinikum rechts der Isar, TU Munchen
Chirurg 76:653-7. 2005..Potential surgical treatment should be carefully evaluated during a 6-month preoperative treatment phase during which indications and contraindications should be evaluated. Qualified postoperative care must be provided...
- Direct effect of leptin on gastric ghrelin secretionF Lippl
Department of Internal Medicine II and Else Kröner Fresenius Center of Nutritional Medicine, Technical University of Munich, Ziemsenstrasse 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
Horm Metab Res 37:123-5. 2005
- Patient selection for surgical treatment of obesityV Schusdziarra
Else Kröner Fresenius Center of Nutritional Medicine, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Rozhl Chir 85:436-40. 2006..Potential surgical intervention, however, should be carefully evaluated during a six month preoperative treatment phase. During this time period indications and contraindications must be evaluated...
- Cholesterol lowering effect of dietary weight loss and orlistat treatment--efficacy and limitationsJ Erdmann
Department of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 19:1173-9. 2004..Orlistat reduces energy uptake by the impairment of fat digestion and some evidence indicates it also lowers plasma cholesterol...
- Treatment of HCC with pravastatin, octreotide, or gemcitabine--a critical evaluationC Lersch
II Department of Internal Medicine, Technical University of Munich, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1099-103. 2004..e. pravastatin, the somatostatin analogue octreotide, or the cytidine analogue gemcitabine. The present study aimed to evaluate these substances in patients with progressive tumor growth...