Affiliation: Klinikum rechts der Isar
- Clinical and neurobiological correlates of soluble amyloid precursor proteins in the cerebrospinal fluidPanagiotis Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Alzheimers Dement 8:304-11. 2012..The levels of the α-secretase-cleaved soluble APP (sAPPα) and β-secretase-cleaved soluble APP (sAPPβ) in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) are likely to reflect these competing mechanisms...
- Perfusion abnormalities in mild cognitive impairment and mild dementia in Alzheimer's disease measured by pulsed arterial spin labeling MRIPanagiotis Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar der TU Munchen, Ismaninger Str 22, 81675, Munchen, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 262:69-77. 2012..Our data imply that PASL may be a valuable instrument for investigating perfusion changes in the transition from normal aging to dementia and indicate that it might become an alternative to nuclear imaging techniques in AD diagnostics...
- Hippocampal volume differences between healthy young apolipoprotein E ε2 and ε4 carriersPanagiotis Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Klinikum der Friedrich Alexander Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Alzheimers Dis 26:207-10. 2011..The difference in hippocampal morphology is cognitively/clinically silent in young adulthood, but could render APOE ε4 carriers more prone to the later development of AD possibly due to lower reserve cognitive capacity...
- Short-term influence of elevation of plasma homocysteine levels on cognitive function in young healthy adultsP Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Nutr Health Aging 14:283-7. 2010..Acute homocysteine elevation has been shown to have a significant impact on cognitive function in animal models...
- CSF soluble amyloid precursor proteins in the diagnosis of incipient Alzheimer diseaseR Perneczky
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Munchen, Klinikum rechts der Isar, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Neurology 77:35-8. 2011..To explore if soluble amyloid precursor proteins (sAPP) in CSF improve the identification of patients with incipient Alzheimer disease (AD) in a group of patients with mild cognitive impairment (MCI)...
- Validation of the German revised Addenbrooke's cognitive examination for detecting mild cognitive impairment, mild dementia in alzheimer's disease and frontotemporal lobar degenerationP Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany panos alexopoulos lrz tu muenchen de
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 29:448-56. 2010....
- Head circumference, apolipoprotein E genotype and cognition in the Bavarian School Sisters StudyR Perneczky
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat Munchen, 22, Ismaninger Street, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 27:219-22. 2012..The apolipoprotein E (APOE) ɛ4 allele is correlated with an earlier onset of Alzheimer's disease symptoms; larger head circumference has been associated with an individual resilience against cognitive impairment...
- [Usage of drugs with potential adverse effects on cognition in a memory-clinic]M Weih
Psychiatrische und Psychotherapeutische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Erlangen, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Schwabachanlage 6, Erlangen
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 77:523-7. 2009..The absolute number of medication taken seems to be more important than medication with possible adverse side effects on cognition...
- [Validation of a short test (3MS-R) for detecting Alzheimer's disease]P Alexopoulos
Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie Klinik, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 75:728-36. 2007..The Modified Mini-Mental State Examination-revised (3MS-R) is a brief cognitive test designed to detect cognitive impairment, which is often used in Canada and USA...
- Validation of the Addenbrooke's cognitive examination for detecting early Alzheimer's disease and mild vascular dementia in a German populationP Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Zentrum fur Nervenheilkunde, Universitat Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 22:385-91. 2006..The German version of the ACE is a short and practical but accurate test battery for the identification of AD and VaD, assessing a broad range of cognitive functions and providing a wide profile of cognitive functions/dysfunctions...
- [Mild cognitive impairment]R Perneczky
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Technischen Universität München Alzheimer Zentrum
MMW Fortschr Med 146:34-7. 2004..In the future, patients with MCI will play an increasingly important role as the target group for the prevention of dementia...
- Progression to dementia in clinical subtypes of mild cognitive impairmentP Alexopoulos
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Technische Universitat, Munchen, Germany
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 22:27-34. 2006..To examine the outcome among patients diagnosed with different types of mild cognitive impairment (MCI)...