Affiliation: Kliniken Essen-Mitte
- Yoga for schizophrenia: a systematic review and meta-analysisHolger Cramer
Department of Internal and Integrative Medicine, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Faculty of Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Am Deimelsberg 34a, Essen 45276, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 13:32. 2013..The aim of this review was to systematically review and meta-analyze the effects of yoga on symptoms of schizophrenia, quality of life, function, and hospitalization in patients with schizophrenia...
- The German fibromyalgia consumer reports - a cross-sectional surveyWinfried Häuser
Department Internal Medicine I, Klinikum Saarbrücken, Saarbrücken D 66119, Germany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:74. 2012..Consumer surveys provide information on effectiveness and side effects of medical interventions in routine clinical care. A report of fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) consumers has not been carried out in Europe...
- Predictors of yoga use among internal medicine patientsHolger Cramer
Department of Internal and Integrative Medicine, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Faculty of Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
BMC Complement Altern Med 13:172. 2013..The aim of this cross-sectional analysis was to identify sociodemographic, clinical, and psychological predictors of yoga use among internal medicine patients...
- Efficacy and safety of meditative movement therapies in fibromyalgia syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsJost Langhorst
Department of Internal and Integrative Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Kliniken Essen Mitte, 45276 Essen, Germany
Rheumatol Int 33:193-207. 2013..1%. No serious adverse events were reported. MMT are safe. Yoga had short-term beneficial effects on some key domains of FMS. There is a need for high-quality studies with larger sample sizes to confirm the results...
- [Complementary and alternative therapies for fibromyalgia syndrome. Systematic review, meta-analysis and guideline]J Langhorst
Innere Medizin V Naturheilkunde und Integrative Medizin, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Am Deimelsberg 34a, 45276, Essen, Deutschland
Schmerz 26:311-7. 2012....
- Efficacy of different types of aerobic exercise in fibromyalgia syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trialsWinfried Häuser
Department of Internal Medicine I, Klinikum Saarbrücken, Winterberg 1, D 66119 Saarbrücken, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R79. 2010..The efficacy and the optimal type and volume of aerobic exercise (AE) in fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS) are not established. We therefore assessed the efficacy of different types and volumes of AE in FMS...
- Evaluation of a new immunochromatographic based whole blood near patient test for the diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infectionJ Langhorst
Evangelisches Krankenhaus, Dusseldorf, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 40:389-93. 2002..Rapid, inexpensive, reliable tests are needed to facilitate the diagnosis...
- The role of human defensins in gastrointestinal diseasesJost Langhorst
Integrative Gastroenterology, Department of Integrative and Internal Medicine, Kliniken Essen Mitte, University of Duisburg Essen, Knappschafts Krankenhaus, Am Deimelsberg 34a, 45276 Essen, Germany
Expert Rev Clin Immunol 7:779-87. 2011..This article will thus discuss current advances in immunologic research of inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome, focusing on defensins and their possible role as biomarkers of these diseases...
- [Alternative and complementary therapies in fibromyalgia syndrome]J Langhorst
Klinik für Innere Medizin V, Naturheilkunde und Integrative Medizin, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Am Deimelsberg 34a, 45276 Essen
Schmerz 22:324-33. 2008..Interdisciplinary S3 level guidelines were devised in cooperation with 8 medical, 2 psychological and 2 patient support groups. Results were elaborated in a multilevel group process...
- [Stress management in the treatment of essential arterial hypertension]M Schwickert
Abt Innere V Naturheilkunde und Integrative Medizin, Kliniken Essen Mitte
MMW Fortschr Med 148:40-2; quiz 43. 2006..These practices are incorporated in various lifestyle programs. They act in different ways, and can be offered to the patient in accordance with his/her individual wishes...
- Randomised clinical trial: a herbal preparation of myrrh, chamomile and coffee charcoal compared with mesalazine in maintaining remission in ulcerative colitis - a double-blind, double-dummy studyJ Langhorst
Department for Integrative Gastroenterology, Kliniken Essen Mitte, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany Department for Internal and Integrative Medicine, Kliniken Essen Mitte, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 38:490-500. 2013..Aminosalicylates are used as standard treatment for maintaining remission in ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- Impact of stimulation dose and personality on autonomic and psychological effects induced by acupunctureM Backer
Department of Complementary and Integrative Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Germany
Auton Neurosci 170:48-55. 2012..After needle insertion subjects who tend to augment incoming stimuli might show a lack of psychological relaxation when receiving high dose stimulation...
- Fecal lactoferrin as a noninvasive biomarker in inflammatory bowel diseasesJ Langhorst
Department of Internal and Integrative Medicine, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Drugs Today (Barc) 48:149-61. 2012....
- [Mind-body medicine as a part of German integrative medicine]G Dobos
Stiftungslehrstuhl für Naturheilkunde der Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach Stiftung, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Am Deimelsberg 34a, 45276 Essen, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 49:723-8. 2006..Considering that a growing number of health issues arises due to maladaptive lifestyles, MBM is being identified as a development that supports a shift from increasingly expensive treatments to more cost-effective preventive approaches...