Affiliation: Klinik Innere Medizin IV
- Immunogenicity and safety of the quadrivalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W-135 and Y tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (MenACWY-TT) in 2-10-year-old children: results of an open, randomised, controlled studyMarkus Knuf
Childrens Hospital, Dr Horst Schmidt Clinic, Ludwig Erhard Straße 100, 65199, Wiesbaden, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 172:601-12. 2013..This study has been registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov NCT00674583...
- Antibody persistence for 3 years following two doses of tetravalent measles-mumps-rubella-varicella vaccine in healthy childrenMarkus Knuf
Children s Department of Pediatrics, University Medicine Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 171:463-70. 2012..7% (two cases) in the MMRV group and 5.4% (five cases) in the MMR + V group. CONCLUSION: Immunogenicity of the combined MMRV vaccine was sustained 3 years post-vaccination. (208136/041/NCT00406211)...
- Induction of immunologic memory following primary vaccination with the 10-valent pneumococcal nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine in infantsMarkus Knuf
Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, University Medicine Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:e31-6. 2012..Induction of immunologic memory was assessed following primary vaccination with 10-valent pneumococcal nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine (PHiD-CV)...
- Comparative effects of carrier proteins on vaccine-induced immune responseMarkus Knuf
Children s Hospital, Dr Horst Schmidt Klinik, Ludwig Erhard Strasse 100, 65199 Wiesbaden, Germany
Vaccine 29:4881-90. 2011..Clinical studies on the coadministration of conjugate vaccines reveal conflicting data with respect to immune interference and vaccine efficacy...
- An investigational tetravalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W-135 and Y-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine co-administered with Infanrix™ hexa is immunogenic, with an acceptable safety profile in 12-23-month-old childrenMarkus Knuf
Pediatrics Infectious Diseases, University Medicine, Mainz, Germany
Vaccine 29:4264-73. 2011..ACWY-TT and DTaP-HBV-IPV/Hib co-administration during the second year would facilitate introduction of ACWY-TT into routine toddler vaccination schedules...
- Safety, immunogenicity and immediate pain of intramuscular versus subcutaneous administration of a measles-mumps-rubella-varicella vaccine to children aged 11-21 monthsMarkus Knuf
Children s Hospital, Dr Horst Schmidt Klinik, Ludwig Erhard Str 100, Wiesbaden 65199, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 169:925-33. 2010..In summary, the MMRV vaccine is well tolerated and highly immunogenic when administered either subcutaneously or intramuscularly to children in the second year of life...
- Immunogenicity of routinely used childhood vaccines when coadministered with the 10-valent pneumococcal non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine (PHiD-CV)Markus Knuf
Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:S97-S108. 2009....
- Immunogenicity of reduced antigen content tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis vaccine in adolescents as a sixth consecutive dose of acellular pertussis-containing vaccineFred Zepp
Children s Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Vaccine 25:5248-52. 2007..After the sixth dose booster, Tdap induced a vigorous immune response, consistent with protection against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis diseases...
- Two versus three doses of a meningococcal C conjugate vaccine concomitantly administered with a hexavalent DTaP-IPV-HBV/Hib vaccine in healthy infantsHeinz J Schmitt
Zentrum für Präventive Pädiatrie, Kinderklinik, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Langenbeckstrabe 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Vaccine 26:2242-52. 2008..Reactogenicity was similar in each group. MenC conjugate vaccine given concomitantly with DTaP-IPV-HBV/Hib to healthy infants in the first year of life using a two-dose schedule is as safe and immunogenic as a three-dose regimen...
- Immunogenicity and safety of two doses of tetravalent measles-mumps-rubella-varicella vaccine in healthy childrenMarkus Knuf
Childrens Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University Hospital, Mainz, Germany
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:12-8. 2006....
- Booster vaccination after neonatal priming with acellular pertussis vaccineMarkus Knuf
Department of Pediatrics, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Pediatr 156:675-8. 2010..Thus, neonatal aP priming did not lead to immune tolerance to pertussis antigens. However, it elicited bystander interference on HBV, Hib, and diphtheria responses...
- A combination vaccine against measles, mumps, rubella and varicellaMarkus Knuf
Pediatric University Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Drugs Today (Barc) 44:279-92. 2008..For other countries considering introducing these vaccines, the advantages for children, parents and healthcare providers of protecting against four diseases in a single vaccine should be noted...
- A toll-like receptor 4 variant is associated with fatal outcome in children with invasive meningococcal diseaseJoerg Faber
Children s Hospital, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Acta Paediatr 98:548-52. 2009..Here, we analysed a possible association between the TLR4 variant Asp299Gly and disease outcome in children with invasive meningococcal disease...
- Age-dependent association of human mannose-binding lectin mutations with susceptibility to invasive meningococcal disease in childhoodJoerg Faber
Children s Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:243-6. 2007..Mannose-binding lectin (MBL) is an important factor of the innate immune system, and MBL-initiated complement activation is an important early defense mechanism against various bacterial infections, including invasive meningococcal disease...
- Immunogenicity and reactogenicity of acellular pertussis booster vaccines in children: standard pediatric versus a reduced-antigen content formulationClaudius U Meyer
Pediatric Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Hum Vaccin 4:203-9. 2008..Non-significant trends toward reduced reactogenicity of dTpa were observed. Many factors influence vaccine choice at preschool age. The dTpa vaccine was as immunogenic and possibly better tolerated than DTPa at this age...
- Immunogenicity, reactogenicity, and immune memory after primary vaccination with a novel Haemophilus influenzae-Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C conjugate vaccineHeinz J Schmitt
Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Langenbeckstr 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:426-34. 2007..A Hib-MenC-TT conjugate vaccine provides vaccination against two major pathogens in a single injection and is a suitable candidate for use in primary or booster vaccination schedules...
- Safety of reduced-antigen-content tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis vaccine in adolescents as a sixth consecutive dose of acellular pertussis-containing vaccineFred Zepp
Children's Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Pediatr 149:603-610. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: These results suggest that Tdap is well tolerated as a sixth consecutive dose of acellular pertussis-containing vaccine...
- Neonatal vaccination with an acellular pertussis vaccine accelerates the acquisition of pertussis antibodies in infantsMarkus Knuf
Paediatric Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Pediatr 152:655-60, 660.e1. 2008..Because young infants are at highest risk of pertussis complications, this study assessed whether neonatal acellular pertussis (aP) vaccination could provide earlier immunity...
- Antibody persistence and immune memory 15 months after priming with an investigational tetravalent meningococcal tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine (MenACWY-TT) in toddlers and young childrenMarkus Knuf
Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Hum Vaccin Immunother 8:866-72. 2012..Thus, a single dose of MenACWY-TT induced persisting antibodies in toddlers and children and immune memory in toddlers. This study has been registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov NCT00126984...
- Repeated administration of a reduced-antigen-content diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis and poliomyelitis vaccine (dTpa-IPV; Boostrix™ IPV)Markus Knuf
Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Universitatsmedizin, Rheinland Pfalz, Germany
Hum Vaccin 6:554-61. 2010..Repeated administration of a dTpa-IPV (dTpa-inactivated poliomyelitis; BoostrixTM Polio, GlaxoSmithKline)booster to adolescents, 5 years after their previous dose was evaluated...
- Linking C5 deficiency to an exonic splicing enhancer mutationNicole Pfarr
Children s Hospital of Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Immunol 174:4172-7. 2005..This apparently inconsequential sequence alteration represents a noncanonical splicing mutation altering an ESE. Our finding sheds a new light on the role of putative silent/conservative mutations in disease-associated genes...
- Rapid detection of common pathogenic Aspergillus species by a novel real-time PCR approachJoerg Faber
Children s Hospital, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Mycoses 52:228-33. 2009..We describe a highly specific and sensitive real-time PCR approach to detect and differentiate the most common pathogenic Aspergillus species in a rapid 'same day' assay...
- Human toll-like receptor 4 mutations are associated with susceptibility to invasive meningococcal disease in infancyJoerg Faber
Children s Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:80-1. 2006..007) was observed. We conclude that TLR4 mutations represent a risk factor for meningococcal disease in this age group...
- Tolerability of the Biken acellular pertussis vaccine in adults with or without previous vaccination against pertussis in childhoodMarkus Knuf
Pediatric Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Center of Preventive Pediatrics, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 99:495-9. 2004..The results from this study were compared to data from published literature...
- Late results after PTCA for coronary stenosis after the arterial switch procedure for transposition of the great arteriesChristoph Kampmann
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Hospital for Sick Children, Mainz, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 80:1641-6. 2005..Late results after percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) for coronary stenosis after the arterial switch operation for d-transposition of the great arteries are reported...
- Efficient maturation and cytokine production of neonatal DCs requires combined proinflammatory signalsDoreen Krumbiegel
Department of Pediatric Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Clin Dev Immunol 12:99-105. 2005..In conclusion, neonatal DCs can be stimulated to express maturation as well as costimulatory surface molecules. However, induction of maturation requires combined stimulation with multiple proinflammatory signals...
- Significance of patient categorization for perioperative management of children with tetralogy of Fallot, with special regard to co-existing malformationsMarkus Knuf
University of Mainz, Children s Hospital, Mainz, Germany
Cardiol J 17:20-8. 2010..The aim of our study was to facilitate perioperative calculation of potential risk factors on the outcome of corrective surgery for children with tetralogy of Fallot...
- Changes in lymphocyte subsets after cardiac surgery in childrenPirmin Habermehl
Department of Paediatrics, University of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 162:15-21. 2003..The relevance of this finding regarding the risk of infection is discussed...
- Are meteorological parameters associated with acute respiratory tract infections?Jean Baptist du Prel
Kinderklinik, Paediatrische Infektiologie and Zentrum Praeventive Paediatrie, Universitaetsmedizin, Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet, Mainz, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 49:861-8. 2009..Aiming at better predictions of the seasonal activity of ARI pathogens, we investigated the influence of climate on hospitalizations for ARIs...