- Adjuvant therapy reduces the benefit of palliative treatment in disseminated breast cancer - own findings and review of the literature
Ulrich R Kleeberg
Hämatologisch Onkologische Praxis Altona, Hamburg, Germany
Onkologie 36:348-56. 2013
..However, published data concerning advances in treatment for disseminated cancer have been contradictory...
- Final results of the EORTC 18871/DKG 80-1 randomised phase III trial. rIFN-alpha2b versus rIFN-gamma versus ISCADOR M versus observation after surgery in melanoma patients with either high-risk primary (thickness >3 mm) or regional lymph node metastasis
U R Kleeberg
Haematologisch Onkologische Praxis Altona HOPA, Max Brauer Allee 52, D 22765 Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Cancer 40:390-402. 2004
..87 (0.69, 1.10) and for Iscador M 1.21 (0.84, 1.75), respectively. The results show no clinical benefit for adjuvant treatment with low dose rIFN-alpha2b or rIFN-gamma or with Iscador M in high-risk melanoma patients...
- Fentanyl buccal tablet for breakthrough cancer pain: why titrate?
Ulrich R Kleeberg
Hämatologisch Onkologische Praxis Altona HOPA, Struensee Haus, Hamburg, Germany
Pain Pract 11:185-90. 2011
..Following successful dose titration, treatment with fentanyl buccal tablet can achieve significant pain relief as early as 10 minutes after administration, resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction...
- [Prognostic factors in lymph node negative breast cancer]
U R Kleeberg
Strahlenther Onkol 178:53-4. 2002
- Fulvestrant, formerly ICI 182,780, is as effective as anastrozole in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer progressing after prior endocrine treatment
Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 20:3396-403. 2002
..To compare the efficacy and tolerability of fulvestrant (formerly ICI 182,780) and anastrozole in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer progressing after prior endocrine treatment...
- Impact of vaccinations and infectious diseases on the risk of melanoma--evaluation of an EORTC case-control study
Department of Virology, University of Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Cancer 39:2372-8. 2003
..In view of the termination of vaccinations with vaccinia in all countries and of BCG in many of them, these findings call for a re-evaluation of vaccination strategies...
- Prior immunisation of patients with malignant melanoma with vaccinia or BCG is associated with better survival. An European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer cohort study on 542 patients
K F Kölmel
Department of Dermatology, University of Gottingen, von Siebold Str 3, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Cancer 41:118-25. 2005
..BCG vaccination seems to have a similar, although weaker, effect. The underlying immune mechanisms involved remain to be determined...
- [Adjuvant therapy of melanoma. From non-specific immune stimulants into the future]
Klinik fur Dermatologie, Venerologie und Allergologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Schittenhelmstrasse 7, 24105 Kiel
Hautarzt 57:764-72. 2006
..Indiscriminate use of newer therapeutic approaches is simply not affordable in this age of shrinking financial resources for health care...