- The germinal center kinase TNIK is required for canonical NF-κB and JNK signaling in B-cells by the EBV oncoprotein LMP1 and the CD40 receptorAnna Shkoda
Research Unit Gene Vectors, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Munchen, Germany
PLoS Biol 10:e1001376. 2012..Our data establish TNIK as a novel key player in TRAF6-dependent JNK and NF-κB signaling and a transducer of activating and transforming signals in human B-cells...
- A rare missense variant abrogates the signaling activity of tetherin/BST-2 without affecting its effect on virus releaseDaniel Sauter
Institute of Molecular Virology, Ulm University Medical Center, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Retrovirology 10:85. 2013..However, non-synonymous polymorphisms in the bst2 open reading frame have not yet been described or functionally characterized...
- Global gene expression changes of in vitro stimulated human transformed germinal centre B cells as surrogate for oncogenic pathway activation in individual aggressive B cell lymphomasAlexandra Schrader
Department of Haematology and Oncology, University Medical Centre Göttingen, Gottingen, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 10:43. 2012..abstract:..
- Signal transduction, receptors, mediators and genes: younger than ever - the 13th meeting of the Signal Transduction Society focused on aging and immunologyFrank Entschladen
Institute of Immunology, Witten Herdecke University, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 8:2. 2010..This report gives an overview of the presentations of the conference...
- Signal transduction in the footsteps of goethe and schillerKarlheinz Friedrich
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Jena Medical School, Jena, Germany
Cell Commun Signal 7:2. 2009..This report is intended to share with the readers of CCS some highlights of the Meeting Workshops devoted to specific aspects of signal transduction...
- Pursuing different 'TRADDes': TRADD signaling induced by TNF-receptor 1 and the Epstein-Barr virus oncoprotein LMP1Arnd Kieser
Abteilung Genvektoren, Helmholtz Zentrum München Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt, Marchioninistrasse 25, D 81377 Munchen, Germany
Biol Chem 389:1261-71. 2008..This article provides an overview of TNFR1 and LMP1 signal transduction with a focus on TRADD's functions in apoptotic and transforming signaling, incorporating recent results from TRADD RNAi and knockout studies...
- The c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathway is critical for cell transformation by the latent membrane protein 1 of Epstein-Barr virusHelmut Kutz
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Department of Gene Vectors, Marchioninistrasse 25, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Virology 371:246-56. 2008..Our data support a critical role of the LMP1-induced JNK pathway for proliferation of LMP1-transformed cells and characterize JNK as a potential target for intervention against EBV-induced malignancies...