Genomes and Genes
- The Spir actin organizers are involved in vesicle transport processesE Kerkhoff
Institut für Medizinische Strahlenkunde und Zellforschung MSZ, Universitat Wurzburg, Versbacher Str 5, 97078, Wurzburg, Germany
Curr Biol 11:1963-8. 2001....
- Cellular functions of the Spir actin-nucleation factorsEugen Kerkhoff
Institut für medizinsche Strahlenkunde und Zellforschung MSZ, Universitat Wurzburg, Versbacher Strasse 5, 97078 Wurzburg, Germany
Trends Cell Biol 16:477-83. 2006..Phosphorylation by mitogen-activated protein kinases and interaction with Rho GTPases have been proposed as regulatory mechanisms...
- The p150-Spir protein provides a link between c-Jun N-terminal kinase function and actin reorganizationI M Otto
Institut fur Medizinische Strahlenkunde und Zellforschung, Universitat Wurzburg, Wurzburg, 97078, Germany
Curr Biol 10:345-8. 2000..Carboxy-terminal sequences of p150-Spir were phosphorylated by JNK both in vitro and in vivo. We conclude that p150-Spir is a downstream target of JNK function and provides a direct link between JNK and actin organization...
- Overlapping expression pattern of the actin organizers Spir-1 and formin-2 in the developing mouse nervous system and the adult brainNina Schumacher
Theodor Boveri Institut Biozentrum, Universitat Wurzburg, Physiologische Chemie I, Am Hubland, 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
Gene Expr Patterns 4:249-55. 2004..In mouse embryos both genes are expressed in the developing nervous system. In the adult brain high expression of the genes was found in the Purkinje cells of the cerebellum and in neuronal cells of the hippocampus and dentate gyrus...
- Lung-targeted expression of the c-Raf-1 kinase in transgenic mice exposes a novel oncogenic character of the wild-type proteinE Kerkhoff
Institut fur Medizinische Strahlenkunde und Zellforschung, Universitat Wurzburg, Germany
Cell Growth Differ 11:185-90. 2000..Our studies show that the c-Raf-1 expression level is a critical parameter in tumor development and should be analyzed in more detail to evaluate its potential in the induction of cancer...
- Constitutive JNK activation in NIH 3T3 fibroblasts induces a partially transformed phenotypeUlrike E E Rennefahrt
Institut fur Medizinische Strahlenkunde und Zellforschung, Universitat Wurzburg, 97078 Wurzburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:29510-8. 2002..Our data suggest that constitutive JNK activation elicits major aspects of cellular transformation but is unable to induce the complete set of changes which are required to establish the fully transformed phenotype...
- Regulatory interactions between two actin nucleators, Spire and CappuccinoMargot E Quinlan
Bayerisches Genomforschungsnetzwerk BayGene, Institut für funktionelle Genomik, Universitat Regensburg, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 179:117-28. 2007..In Drosophila oocytes, Spire localizes to the cortex early in oogenesis and disappears around stage 10b, coincident with the onset of cytoplasmic streaming...
- Drosophila Spire is an actin nucleation factorMargot E Quinlan
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, UCSF Medical School, San Francisco, California 94107, USA
Nature 433:382-8. 2005....
- Actin nucleation: bacteria get in-SpiredMargot E Quinlan
Nat Cell Biol 10:13-5. 2008
- Phospholipase D overcomes cell cycle arrest induced by high-intensity Raf signalingTroy Joseph
Department of Biological Sciences, Hunter College of the City University of New York, New York, NY 10021, USA
Oncogene 21:3651-8. 2002..These data indicate that PLD signaling provides a novel survival signal that overcomes cell cycle arrest induced by high intensity Raf signaling...
- Diverse effects of RacV12 on cell transformation by Raf: partial inhibition of morphological transformation versus deregulation of cell cycle controlEugen Kerkhoff
Institut für Medizinische Strahlenkunde und Zellforschung MSZ, Universitat Wurzburg, Versbacher Strasse 5, D 97078 Wurzburg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1589:151-9. 2002..These results indicate a pro-oncogenic function of the Rac GTPase with respect to the deregulation of cell cycle control...
- The KIND module: a putative signalling domain evolved from the C lobe of the protein kinase foldFrancesca D Ciccarelli
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69012 Heidelberg, Germany
Trends Biochem Sci 28:349-52. 2003