- Autofocusing in digital holographic phase contrast microscopy on pure phase objects for live cell imagingPatrik Langehanenberg
Center for Biomedical Optics and Photonics, University Medical Center of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Appl Opt 47:D176-82. 2008....
- Towards 3D modelling and imaging of infection scenarios at the single cell level using holographic optical tweezers and digital holographic microscopyBjörn Kemper
Center for Biomedical Optics and Photonics, University of Muenster, Robert Koch Str 45, 48149 Muenster, Germany
J Biophotonics 6:260-6. 2013..In this way a new label-free multipurpose device for modelling and quantitative analysis of infection scenarios at the single cell level is provided...
- Investigation of living pancreas tumor cells by digital holographic microscopyBjörn Kemper
University of Muenster, Laboratory of Biophysics, Germany
J Biomed Opt 11:34005. 2006..The results demonstrate that digital holographic microscopy is a quantitative phase contrast technique for living cells under conventional laboratory conditions...
- Integral refractive index determination of living suspension cells by multifocus digital holographic phase contrast microscopyBjörn Kemper
University of Muenster, Laboratory of Biophysics, Robert Koch Str 45, D 48129 Muenster, Germany
J Biomed Opt 12:054009. 2007..Results obtained from human pancreas and liver tumor cells show that the integral cellular refractive index decreases with increasing cell radius...
- Monitoring of laser micromanipulated optically trapped cells by digital holographic microscopyBjörn Kemper
Center for Biomedical Optics and Photonics, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
J Biophotonics 3:425-31. 2010..The obtained results demonstrate that DHM multi-focus phase contrast provides label-free quantitative monitoring of optical manipulation with a temporal resolution of a few milliseconds...
- Automated three-dimensional tracking of living cells by digital holographic microscopyPatrik Langehanenberg
University Medical Center of Muenster, Center for Biomedical Optics and Photonics, Robert Koch Strasse 45, 48149 Muenster, Germany
J Biomed Opt 14:014018. 2009....
- Digital holographic microscopy for live cell applications and technical inspectionBjörn Kemper
Laboratory of Biophysics, University of Muenster, Robert Koch Strasse 45, D 48129 Muenster, Germany
Appl Opt 47:A52-61. 2008..An overview of digital holographic microscopy methods is described. Applications of digital holographic microscopy are demonstrated by results obtained from livings cells and engineered surfaces...
- Parameter-optimized digital holographic microscope for high-resolution living-cell analysisDaniel Carl
Laboratory of Biophysics, University of Munster, Robert Koch Strasse 45, D 48129 Munster, Germany
Appl Opt 43:6536-44. 2004..The lateral and the axial resolutions of the system are discussed and quantified by application to technical objects and to living cells...
- Simplified approach for quantitative digital holographic phase contrast imaging of living cellsBjörn Kemper
University of Muenster, Center for Biomedical Optics and Photonics, Robert Koch Str 45, D 48149 Muenster, GermanyUniversity of Muenster, Gastroenterological Molecular Cell Biology, Department of Medicine B, D 48149 Muenster, Germany
J Biomed Opt 16:026014. 2011..Furthermore, results from time-lapse investigations on living pancreas tumor cells demonstrate the capability of the method for reliable quantitative phase contrast imaging...
- Phase noise optimization in temporal phase-shifting digital holography with partial coherence light sources and its application in quantitative cell imagingChristian Remmersmann
Center for Biomedical Optics and Photonics, University of Munster, Robert Koch Strasse 45, 48129 Munster, Germany
Appl Opt 48:1463-72. 2009..Finally, the applicability for noise reduction is demonstrated by quantitative phase contrast imaging of pancreas tumor cells...
- Three-dimensional exploration and mechano-biophysical analysis of the inner structure of living cellsAlvaro Barroso
Institute of Applied Physics, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Small 9:885-93. 2013....
- Sensing dynamic cytoplasm refractive index changes of adherent cells with quantitative phase microscopy using incorporated microspheres as optical probesSabine Przibilla
University of Muenster, Center for Biomedical Optics and Photonics, Robert Koch Str 45, D 48149 Muenster, Germany
J Biomed Opt 17:97001-1. 2012..Results from adherent human fibro sarcoma cells demonstrate the capability of the method for sensing of dynamic refractive index changes and its usage with microfluidics...
- Multimodal biophotonic workstation for live cell analysisMichael Esseling
Institute of Applied Physics, University of Muenster, Corrensstraße 2 4 Muenster 48149, Germany
J Biophotonics 5:9-13. 2012..Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells were manipulated by optical tweezers while the feedback was directly analyzed by fluorescence lifetime imaging, digital holographic microscopy and dynamic phase-contrast microscopy...
- Contrast-enhanced digital holographic imaging of cellular structures by manipulating the intracellular refractive indexChristina E Rommel
University of Muenster, Department of Medicine B, Gastroenterological Molecular Cell Biology, Muenster, Germany
J Biomed Opt 15:041509. 2010..The presented approach to control the intracellular phase contrast demonstrated for the example of DHM opens prospects for applications with other quantitative phase contrast imaging methods...
- Label-free quantitative cell division monitoring of endothelial cells by digital holographic microscopyBjörn Kemper
University of Munster, Center for Biomedical Optics and Photonics, Robert Koch Strasse 45, Munster, 48149 Germany
J Biomed Opt 15:036009. 2010..Cytokinetic DHM analysis provides future applications in toxicology and cancer research...
- Facing glycosphingolipid-Shiga toxin interaction: dire straits for endothelial cells of the human vasculatureAndreas Bauwens
Institute for Hygiene, University of Munster, Robert Koch Str 41, 48149, Munster, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 70:425-57. 2013..The design and development of tailored Stx neutralizers targeting the oligosaccharide-toxin recognition event has become a very real prospect to ameliorate or prevent life-threatening renal and neurological complications...
- Vacuolisation of human microvascular endothelial cells by enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coliMartina Bielaszewska
Institute of Hygiene, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Thromb Haemost 102:1080-92. 2009..coli vacuolating toxins. Through its microvascular endothelium-injuring potential combined with the ability to induce interleukin 6 release from these cells EHEC-Vac might contribute to the pathogenesis of HUS...
- Differential cytotoxic actions of Shiga toxin 1 and Shiga toxin 2 on microvascular and macrovascular endothelial cellsAndreas Bauwens
Institute for Hygiene, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Thromb Haemost 105:515-28. 2011..These findings have implications in the pathogenesis of HUS, and suggest the existence of yet to be delineated Stx type-specific mechanisms of endothelial cell injury beyond inhibition of protein biosynthesis...
- Atrial natriuretic peptide and nitric oxide signaling antagonizes vasopressin-mediated water permeability in inner medullary collecting duct cellsJens Klokkers
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik D, Experimentelle Nephrologie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Munster, Germany
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F693-703. 2009..In conclusion, we show that the diuretic action of ANP or NO in the IMCD involves a decreased localization of AQP2 in the plasma membrane which is mediated by cGMP and PKG...
- Digital holographic microscopy quantifies the degree of inflammation in experimental colitisPhilipp Lenz
University Hospital of Muenster, Department of Medicine B, Albert Schweitzer Campus 1, Building A1, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Integr Biol (Camb) 5:624-30. 2013..Our results pave the way to further studies to elucidate the translational potential of DHM for the clinical management of patients with inflammatory bowel diseases...