- Recent improvements in the detection and treatment of nonmuscle-invasive bladder cancer
Department of Urology, University of Lubeck Medical School, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:1301-11. 2006
..Additional approaches, such as photodynamic therapy with different photosensitizers and thermotherapy in combination with intravesical chemotherapy, have been evaluated in Phase III studies...
- [Fluorescence diagnosis in patients with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer: results of a metaanalysis]
Klinik für Urologie, Universitat zu Lubeck, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Deutschland
Aktuelle Urol 41:171-7. 2010
..Heterogeneous results of single studies with photodynamic diagnosis (PDD) in bladder cancer have been reported. A metaanalysis of prospective studies has now been performed...
- [Diagnosis of and therapy for non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer - state of the art]
I Kausch von Schmeling
Klinik für Urologie, Universitat zu Lubeck, UK S H, Lubeck
Aktuelle Urol 41:307-15. 2010
..The question as to what has to be done in failure after BCG is discussed. Cystectomy is a safe option but other approaches are potential alternatives...
- Photodynamic diagnosis in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a systematic review and cumulative analysis of prospective studies
Department of Urology, University at Lubeck, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Eur Urol 57:595-606. 2010
..The clinical benefit of photodynamic diagnosis (PDD) with 5-aminolevulinic acid or hexaminolevulinate in addition to white-light cystoscopy (WLC) in bladder cancer has been discussed controversially...
- [Endourological lithotripsy for stone removal: accidental fragmentation of dormia basket and guidewire - a brief overview]
Klinik für Urologie, Campus Lubeck, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Deutschland
Urologe A 49:1365-7. 2010
..In this article we describe the energy needed for destroying specific foreign bodies and what currently and in the future will be the best way to avoid this problem...
- [Squamous cell carcinoma of the renal pelvis. Therapeutic options for a rare entity]
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck
Aktuelle Urol 39:456-8. 2008
..The patient with SCC described here showed an above-average survival of 18 months after adjuvant radiochemotherapy. Treatment was initiated according to the guidelines for squamous cell carcinoma in non-urological localisations...
- In vivo studies on the availability and toxicity of antisense oligonucleotides in bladder cancer
Caroline E Blietz
Department of Urology, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
In Vivo 23:13-9. 2009
..In search of new agents, antisense oligonucleotides (AS-ON) may be interesting candidates. The availability and toxicity as well as the effectivity of AS-ON after intravesical instillation in different rodent models were examined...
- Value of clusterin immunoreactivity as a predictive factor in muscle-invasive urothelial bladder carcinoma
Department of Pathology, University of Schleswig Holstein, Lubeck, Germany
Urology 67:105-9. 2006
..To determine whether clusterin immunoreactivity of muscle-invasive bladder carcinoma can predict disease-related survival of patients treated by radical cystectomy...
- Expression of KIT (CD117) in renal cell carcinoma and renal oncocytoma
Institute of Pathology, University of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Oncology 68:269-75. 2005
..Our aim was to analyze KIT expression immunohistochemically in renal cell carcinomas (RCCs) and in oncocytomas...
- Protein expression and gene copy number analysis of topoisomerase 2alpha, HER2 and P53 in minimally invasive urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder--a multitissue array study with prognostic implications
Institute of Pathology, University of Schleswig Holstein, Lubeck, Germany
Anticancer Res 25:263-71. 2005
..Due to their variable clinical course, there is a need for new prognostic parameters in minimally invasive (stage T1) bladder carcinomas...
- Detailed technical analysis of urine RNA-based tumor diagnostics reveals ETS2/urokinase plasminogen activator to be a novel marker for bladder cancer
Kompetenzzentrum fuer Drug Design und Target Monitoring, Luebeck, Germany
Clin Chem 53:2070-7. 2007
..We aimed to develop a procedure for measurement of tumor RNA in urine that would minimize donor-dependent influences on the results...