- Perforin-independent rejection of transplanted human stem cellsS Kaiser
Schweizerhall Management AG, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Exp Immunol 145:332-8. 2006..A potential reason for this observation could be that compensatory activation of NK cells in PNOD/SCID mice induces high levels of soluble factors resulting in an environment unfavourable for human stem cell engraftment...
- BM cells giving rise to MSC in culture have a heterogeneous CD34 and CD45 phenotypeS Kaiser
Department of Hematology Oncology, University Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Cytotherapy 9:439-50. 2007..The aim of this study was to characterize the in vivo phenotype of MSC relative to the expression of CD34 and CD45...
- Differential expression pattern of extracellular matrix molecules during chondrogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrow and adipose tissueA T Mehlhorn
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Medical Center, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
Tissue Eng 12:2853-62. 2006..These findings may direct the development of a cell-specific culture environment either to prevent hypertrophy in BMSCs or to promote chondrogenic maturation in ADASCs...
- Mesenchymal stem cells maintain TGF-beta-mediated chondrogenic phenotype in alginate bead cultureA T Mehlhorn
Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Tissue Eng 12:1393-403. 2006..These findings give rise to a better understanding of the behavior of cartilage grafts affected by local factors of osteochondral transplantation sites in vivo...
- Lack of telomerase activity in human mesenchymal stem cellsS Zimmermann
Department of Hematology/Oncology, Freiburg University Medical Center, Hugstetterstrasse 55, D-79106 Freiburg, Germany
Leukemia 17:1146-9. 2003..Alternatively, true mesenchymal stem cells might be a very rare subpopulation that have a detection level that is below the sensitivity of the TRAP assay...
- Overexpression of bone morphogenetic protein-6 (BMP-6) in the epidermis of transgenic mice: inhibition or stimulation of proliferation depending on the pattern of transgene expression and formation of psoriatic lesionsM Blessing
Boehringer Ingelheim Research Group, I Medical Department, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Cell Biol 135:227-39. 1996..Together with an inflammatory infiltrate both in the dermis and in the epidermis, these aspects present all typical histological and biochemical hallmarks of a human skin disease: psoriasis...
- Human stoned B interacts with AP-2 and synaptotagmin and facilitates clathrin-coated vesicle uncoatingK Walther
Zentrum Biochemie und Molekulare Zellbiologie, University of Gottingen, Humboldtallee 23, D 37073 Gottingen, Germany
EMBO Rep 2:634-40. 2001..We hypothesize that hStnB regulates synaptic vesicle recycling by facilitating vesicle uncoating...