K G Kahl
- Decreased osteoprotegerin and increased bone turnover in young female patients with major depressive disorder and a lifetime history of anorexia nervosaKai G Kahl
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Medizinische Universität Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Osteoporos Int 16:424-9. 2005..Our data suggest that TNF-alpha and OPG may play a role in the pathogenetic process underlying osteopenia in these patients...
- [The metabolic syndrome and mental illness: relevance, risk factors and practical consequences]K G Kahl
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck
MMW Fortschr Med 147:32-4, 36. 2005..Since none of the neuroleptics currently commercially available can be guaranteed to be free of metabolic side effects, strict monitoring of depressive or schizophrenic patients receiving such treatment is mandatory...
- Visceral fat deposition and insulin sensitivity in depressed women with and without comorbid borderline personality disorderKai G Kahl
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Luebeck, Germany
Psychosom Med 67:407-12. 2005..Therefore, our study aimed at examining visceral fat, insulin resistance, and alterations of cortisol and cytokines in young depressed women with and without comorbid BPD...
- Bone mineral density, markers of bone turnover, and cytokines in young women with borderline personality disorder with and without comorbid major depressive disorderKai G Kahl
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Institute of Radiology, University of Lubeck, Germany
Am J Psychiatry 162:168-74. 2005....
- [Pharmacological strategies for clozapine-induced hypersalivation: treatment with botulinum toxin B in one patient and review of the literature]K G Kahl
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitat Lubeck, 23538 Lubeck
Nervenarzt 76:205-8. 2005..We here present an overview on current treatment strategies for sialorrhea and describe a patient who received botulinum toxin B for clozapine-induced hypersalivation...
- Bone mineral density, bone turnover, and osteoprotegerin in depressed women with and without borderline personality disorderKai G Kahl
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical University of Schleswig Holstein, Lubeck, Germany
Psychosom Med 68:669-74. 2006..Therefore, we examined bone density, markers of bone turnover, and proinflammatory cytokines in depressed patients with and without BPD. Patients with BPD alone and healthy women served as comparison groups...
- Cortisol, the cortisol-dehydroepiandrosterone ratio, and pro-inflammatory cytokines in patients with current major depressive disorder comorbid with borderline personality disorderKai G Kahl
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 59:667-71. 2006..Therefore, our study aimed at examining serum profiles of cortisol, cytokines, and the cortisol/dehydroepiandrosterone (cortisol/DHEA) ratio in MDD/BPD patients and a healthy comparison group...
- Clinical outcome in patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder after discontinuation of SRI treatment: results from a two-year follow-upAndreas Kordon
Universitaetsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Klinik fuer Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Luebeck, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 255:48-50. 2005..However, it is a matter of debate whether discontinuation of SRI after combined treatment leads to relapse...
- Quetiapine addition to serotonin reuptake inhibitors in patients with severe obsessive-compulsive disorder: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyAndreas Kordon
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Luebeck, Germany
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:550-4. 2008..The objective of the present study was to evaluate the efficacy of quetiapine added to baseline treatment with SRIs for the treatment of OCD in severely ill adult subjects...
- Increased diurnal salivary cortisol in women with borderline personality disorderKlaus Lieb
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Freiburg Medical School, Hauptstr 5, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 38:559-65. 2004..Increased adrenal activity and lowered feedback sensitivity of the HPA-axis may characterise BPD. Further studies have to reveal reasons of heightened adrenal activity in these patients...
- Disturbed glucose disposal in patients with major depression; application of the glucose clamp techniqueUlrich Schweiger
Department of Psychiatry, University of Luebeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Psychosom Med 70:170-6. 2008..Depressive disorders and alterations in glucose metabolism are closely associated. The glucose clamp technique is considered to be the "gold standard" for the assessment of whole-body glucose disposal...