W H Gerlich
Affiliation: Justus-Liebig-University Giessen
- [Hepatitis B and C. Risk of transmission from infected health care workers to patients]W H Gerlich
Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 47:369-78. 2004..Infected staff with viremia must either abstain from exposure-prone procedures or have a decision from an expert committee on the acceptability of such procedures in view of the individual infection status...
- Hepatitis B virus (HBV) and hepatitis C virus (HCV) infections in health care workers (HCWs): guidelines for prevention of transmission of HBV and HCV from HCW to patientsR N Gunson
West of Scotland Specialist Virology Centre, Gartnavel General Hospital, 1053 Great Western Road, G12 OZA Glasgow, UK
J Clin Virol 27:213-30. 2003..The document is designed to complement existing guidelines or form the basis for the development of new guidelines. This guidance is applicable to all HCWs who perform EPP, whether newly appointed or already in post...
- Outbreak of hepatitis B in a nursing home associated with capillary blood samplingJ M Dreesman
Governmental Institute of Public Health of Lower Saxony, D 30449 Hannover, Germany
Epidemiol Infect 134:1102-13. 2006..6, P < 0.001, adjusted OR 8.5, P = 0.017). Control measures were implemented. Serological controls after 6 and 18 months revealed that the outbreak was brought under control...
- Combination therapy of active HBsAg vaccination and interferon-alpha in interferon-alpha nonresponders with chronic hepatitis BT Heintges
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, , Germany
Dig Dis Sci 46:901-6. 2001..This combination therapy seems to offer a new and promising approach for patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infection...
- Optimised conditions for the production of hepatitis B virus from cell cultureD Glebe
, , Giessen, Germany
Intervirology 44:370-8. 2001..However, combinations of these parameters optimised cell culture conditions and reproducibly increased the release of HBV particles about 100-fold to titres >10(8) GE/ml of culture medium...
- Molecular approaches to validate disinfectants against human hepatitis B virusC A Jursch
Eurovir Hygiene Institute, Luckenwalde, Germany
Med Microbiol Immunol 190:189-97. 2002..The molecular alteration and disintegration epitope and genome test may therefore be suitable to measure antiviral activity of disinfectants against HBV...
- Diagnostic problems caused by HBsAg mutants-a consensus report of an expert meetingW H Gerlich
Institute of Medical Virology, Justus Leibig University, Frankfurterstrasse 107, DE 35392 Giessen, Germany
Intervirology 47:310-3. 2004
- Methods for validation of hepatitis B virus inactivationW H Gerlich
Institute for Medical Virology, National Consulting Laboratory for hepatitis B, C and Blood Transmissible Virus Diseases, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Dev Biol (Basel) 118:113-22. 2004
- Deficiencies in the standardization and sensitivity of diagnostic tests for hepatitis B virusW H Gerlich
Institute of Medical Virology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
J Viral Hepat 14:16-21. 2007..All tests should be as sensitive as feasible, but even then occult infection may be missed. Reliable detection of occult or mutated HBV is particularly important in blood and organ donors and in patients before or with immunosuppression...