- Duodenal-jejunal bypass improves glycemia and decreases SGLT1-mediated glucose absorption in rats with streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetesChristian Ferdinand Jurowich
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Paediatric Surgery, University Hospital of Wurzburg, Oberdürrbacher Str 6, Wurzburg, Germany
Ann Surg 258:89-97. 2013..To elucidate whether duodenal-jejunal-bypass (DJB), which improves blood glucose control, changes activity of Na-D-glucose cotransporter SGLT1 in small intestine...
- Is there a role for laparoscopic adrenalectomy in patients with suspected adrenocortical carcinoma? A critical appraisal of the literatureC Jurowich
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Horm Metab Res 45:130-6. 2013..However, open adrenalectomy should still be regarded as standard treatment for ACC and laparoscopic surgery should be performed within a clinical trial or at least as an observational study...
- Improvement of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) after bariatric surgery--who fails in the early postoperative course?C Jurowich
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery, Centre for Obesity and Metabolic Surgery, University Hospital of Wurzburg, Oberdürrbacherstr 6, 97080, Wurzburg, Germany
Obes Surg 22:1521-6. 2012..Diabetes surgery in nonobese or moderately obese patients is an emerging topic. The identification of preoperative factors predicting diabetes outcome following bariatric surgery, especially for metabolic nonresponders, is imperative...
- [Metabolic surgery]C Jurowich
Klinik und Poliklinik für Allgemein, Viszeral, Gefäß und Kinderchirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Wurzburg, Zentrum für Operative Medizin, Oberdürrbacherstr 6, 97080, Wurzburg, Deutschland
Chirurg 83:583-598; quiz 599-600. 2012....
- Gastric leakage after sleeve gastrectomy-clinical presentation and therapeutic optionsChristian Jurowich
Klinik und Poliklinik für Allgemein, Viszeral, Gefäß und Kinderchirurgie, Oberdürrbacher Str 6 Haus A1 A2, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 396:981-7. 2011..To analyze gastric leakage following sleeve gastrectomy depending on its point of detection and localization in order to evaluate therapeutic strategies...
- The role of surgery in the management of recurrent adrenocortical carcinomaIlknur Erdogan
Department of Internal Medicine I, Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, University Hospital Wurzburg, University of Wurzburg, Oberdurrbacher Strasse 6, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:181-91. 2013..Our data suggest that patients with longer TTFR and tumors amenable to radical resection should be operated, whereas individualized treatment decisions are needed for patients with short TTFR or with not completely resectable tumors...
- Deficits in the management of patients with adrenocortical carcinoma in GermanySarah Johanssen
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Schwerpunkt Endokrinologie und Diabetologie, Universitatsklinikum Wurzburg, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 107:885-91. 2010..Often, the physicians who first treat patients with ACC have no prior experience with the disease. The aim of our study was to evaluate the quality of medical care for patients with ACC in Germany...
- Impact of lymphadenectomy on the oncologic outcome of patients with adrenocortical carcinomaJoachim Reibetanz
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular, and Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Ann Surg 255:363-9. 2012..The impact of a locoregional lymph node dissection (LND) has never been defined in this disease. We report the disease-specific outcome of patients treated with or without LND during primary adrenalectomy...
- Laparoscopic versus open adrenalectomy for adrenocortical carcinoma: surgical and oncologic outcome in 152 patientsDavid Brix
Department of Urology and Paediatric Urology, University Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Eur Urol 58:609-15. 2010..The role of laparoscopic adrenalectomy in the treatment of patients with adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC) is controversial...
- Predictability of outcome in laparoscopic gastric bandingAndreas Thalheimer
Department of General Surgery, University of Wuerzburg Hospital, Wuerzburg, Germany
Obes Facts 2:27-30. 2009..Conclusion: According to the results of this study, female patients with a lower EBW who improve their postoperative eating behaviour have the best chance of success following LAGB...
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in the obesity center Wuerzburg--patient selection and resultsMartin Fein
Department of Surgery, University of Wuerzburg Hospital, Germany
Obes Facts 2:54-6. 2009..In this article, we explain criteria for patient selection for laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass at the Obesity Center Wuerzburg and compare the corresponding outcomes for these selection criteria...
- Improved survival in patients with stage II adrenocortical carcinoma followed up prospectively by specialized centersMartin Fassnacht
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:4925-32. 2010..We hypothesized that these results may have been affected by a referral bias because many patients may contact specialized centers only after recurrence...
- Allergic predisposition, histamine and histamine receptor expression (H1R, H2R) are associated with complicated courses of sigmoid diverticulitisBurkhard H A von Rahden
Department of General, Visceral, Vascular and Pediatric Surgery, University Hospital Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 16:173-82; discussion 182. 2012..We aimed to evaluate our hypothesis that allergic predisposition and expression of histamine receptors might contribute to complicated courses of sigmoid diverticulitis...