- Explicit attention interferes with selective emotion processing in human extrastriate cortexHarald T Schupp
Department of Psychology, University of Konstanz, Germany
BMC Neurosci 8:16. 2007..Thus, emotional processing was assessed while participants performed a concurrent feature-based attention task varying in processing demands...
- Fleeting images: rapid affect discrimination in the visual cortexMarkus Junghofer
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Neuroreport 17:225-9. 2006..Results further support the notion that attention and perceptual processing are in part directed by underlying motivational systems...
- Rapid and highly resolving associative affective learning: convergent electro- and magnetoencephalographic evidence from vision and auditionChristian Steinberg
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University of Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Biol Psychol 92:526-40. 2013..We conclude that affective processing rapidly recruits highly elaborate and widely distributed networks with substantial capacity for fast learning and excellent resolving power...
- Rapid and highly resolving: affective evaluation of olfactorily conditioned facesChristian Steinberg
University of Munster, Munster, Germany
J Cogn Neurosci 24:17-27. 2012..In the absence of contingency awareness and with only two learning instances, a remarkable capacity for emotional learning is observed...
- Affect-specific modulation of the N1m to shock-conditioned tones: magnetoencephalographic correlatesAnn Kathrin Bröckelmann
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University Hospital Munster, Malmedyweg 15, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 37:303-15. 2013....
- The impact of acute psychosocial stress on magnetoencephalographic correlates of emotional attention and exogenous visual attentionLudger Elling
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University Hospital Muenster, Muenster, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e35767. 2012..Regarding the time course of the effects, an influence of the HPA on these MEG correlates of attention seems less likely. An influence of cerebral catecholaminergic systems is plausible, but not definite...
- Preferential responses to extinguished face stimuli are preserved in frontal and occipito-temporal cortex at initial but not later stages of processingChristian Steinberg
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University of Muenster, 48149, Muenster, Germany
Psychophysiology 50:230-9. 2013..These results suggest that previously acquired emotional memories can be accessed at initial processing stages but become ineffective in modulating processing at later stages as extinction proceeds...
- Early emotion discrimination in 8- to 10-year-old children: magnetoencephalographic correlatesIda Wessing
Clinic and Polyclinic for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Munster University Hospital, Munster, Germany
Biol Psychol 88:161-9. 2011..Thus, the mechanism of motivated attention at early processing stages (>150 ms) appears mature in children of this age group...
- Emotion-associated tones attract enhanced attention at early auditory processing: magnetoencephalographic correlatesAnn Kathrin Bröckelmann
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University Hospital Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
J Neurosci 31:7801-10. 2011..Our findings imply early and highly differentiating affect-specific modulation of auditory stimulus processing supported by neural mechanisms and circuitry comparable with those reported for directed auditory attention...
- Neuroimaging methods in affective neuroscience: selected methodological issuesMarkus Junghofer
Institute for Biosignalanalysis and Biomagnetism, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Prog Brain Res 156:123-43. 2006....
- Effects of anterior cingulate fissurization on cognitive control during stroop interferenceRene J Huster
Center for Neuropsychological Research, University of Trier, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp 30:1279-89. 2009..These results contribute to the understanding of the neuronal implementation of individual differences regarding attentional mechanisms...
- Early left-hemispheric dysfunction of face processing in congenital prosopagnosia: an MEG studyChristian Dobel
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, Munster University Hospital, Munster, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e2326. 2008..In order to locate the cognitive dysfunction and its neural correlates, we investigated the time course of neural activity in response to these manipulations...
- New names for known things: on the association of novel word forms with existing semantic informationChristian Dobel
Institut für Biomagnetismus und Biosignalanalyse, Malmedyweg 15, 48149 Munster, Germany
J Cogn Neurosci 22:1251-61. 2010..Neural networks mediating these integration processes were found within left temporal lobe, an area typically described as one of the main generators of the N400 response...
- Early Prefrontal Brain Responses to the Hedonic Quality of Emotional Words - A Simultaneous EEG and MEG StudyKati Keuper
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University of Munster, Munster, Germany Institute of Psychology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany Otto Creutzfeldt Center for Cognitive and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e70788. 2013..The valence-specific recruitment of different networks might underlie fast adaptive responses to both approach- and withdrawal-related stimuli, be they acquired or biological. ..
- A fast neural signature of motivated attention to consumer goods separates the sexesMarkus Junghofer
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University of Münster Münster, Germany
Front Hum Neurosci 4:179. 2010..Non-invasive functional neuroimaging measures of early brain activity may thus serve as objective measure for individual preferences towards consumer goods...
- The role of gamma-band activity in the representation of faces: reduced activity in the fusiform face area in congenital prosopagnosiaChristian Dobel
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalyis, Otto Creutzfeldt Center, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e19550. 2011..In the current paper, we investigate high-frequent oscillatory activity in response to faces in persons with CP. Such neuronal activity is thought to reflect higher-level representations for faces...
- Acute stress alters auditory selective attention in humans independent of HPA: a study of evoked potentialsLudger Elling
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e18009. 2011..Based on research in rodents, we assumed that a stress-induced imbalance of catecholaminergic transmission would impair this ability...
- Early affective processing in patients with acute posttraumatic stress disorder: magnetoencephalographic correlatesMarkus Burgmer
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University Hospital of Munster, Munster, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e71289. 2013..However, it remains unknown if this neuronal pattern is a result of a long lasting mental disorder or if it represents changes in brain function as direct consequences of severe trauma...
- On the interplay between familiarity and emotional expression in face perceptionChristian Dobel
Institute for Biomagnetism and Biosignalanalysis, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
Psychol Res 72:580-6. 2008....