R J Jox
- [Changing the treatment goal at the end of life: effects of a guideline at a hospital]R J Jox
Institut für Ethik, Geschichte und Theorie der Medizin, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 137:829-33. 2012..As more health care institutions issue ethico-legal guidelines to their staff the effects of such a guideline should be investigated in a pilot project...
- Surrogate decision making for patients with end-stage dementiaRalf J Jox
Institute of Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 27:1045-52. 2012..We aim to explore how health surrogates of patients with dementia proceed in decision making, which considerations are decisive, and whether family surrogates and professional guardians decide differently...
- Medical futility at the end of life: the perspectives of intensive care and palliative care cliniciansRalf J Jox
Institute of Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine, University of Munich, Lessingstrasse 2, 80336 Muenchen, Germany
J Med Ethics 38:540-5. 2012....
- Limiting life-sustaining treatment in German intensive care units: a multiprofessional surveyRalf J Jox
Interdisciplinary Center for Palliative Medicine, Munich University Hospital, Marchioninistrasse 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
J Crit Care 25:413-9. 2010..The aim of the study was to investigate the practices and perspectives of German intensive care nurses and physicians on limiting LST...
- [Best interests in the 'vegetative state']R J Jox
Institut für Ethik, Geschichte und Theorie der Medizin, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Lessingstraße 2, 80336 Munchen
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 79:576-81. 2011..There cannot be a general answer to the question of best interests in the vegetative state, but only an individual answer in shared responsibility and based on the particular features of a special case...
- [End-of-life decisions, powers of attorney, and advance directives]R J Jox
Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Palliativmedizin, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Marchioninistrasse 15, Munich, Germany
Nervenarzt 79:729-37; quiz 738-9. 2008..This implies that life-sustaining treatment may be withdrawn or withheld, which is best accomplished with sensitivity to the needs of patients, relatives, and health care professionals...