- LEKTI, a novel 15-domain type of human serine proteinase inhibitorH J Mägert
Lower Saxony Institute for Peptide Research, Feodor Lynen Strasse 31, D 30 625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:21499-502. 1999..From these results, we assume that LEKTI may play a role in anti-inflammatory and/or antimicrobial protection of mucous epithelia...
- Purification and characterization of the first archaeal aconitase from the thermoacidophilic Sulfolobus acidocaldariusH Uhrigshardt
Institute for Biochemistry, , Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:1760-71. 2001..acidocaldarius sequence was found to be highly homologous to either other putative archaeal or known eukaryal and bacterial sequences. As shown by EPR-spectroscopy, the enzyme hosts an interconvertible [3Fe--4S] cluster...
- The 15-domain serine proteinase inhibitor LEKTI: biochemical properties, genomic organization, and pathophysiological roleHans Jürgen Mägert
IPF PharmaCeuticals GmbH, An Institut der Medizinischen Hochschule Hannover, Feodor Lynen Str 31, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Eur J Med Res 7:49-56. 2002..Furthermore, the relevance of LEKTI for several disorders pointing out its possible future therapeutic value, is discussed...
- LEKTI: a multidomain serine proteinase inhibitor with pathophysiological relevanceHans Jürgen Mägert
IPF PharmaCeuticals GmbH, Feodor Lynen Strasse 31, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 34:573-6. 2002..In this review article, we give an overview of the already known data on the structure, processing, gene expression, and pathophysiological role of LEKTI...
- Serine proteinase inhibitors in the skin: role in homeostasis and diseaseHans Jürgen Mägert
Faculty 7, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Köthen, Germany
Curr Protein Pept Sci 6:241-54. 2005..New insights have been gained particularly concerning the progression of inflammatory disorders of the skin. This review summarizes the role of serine proteinase inhibitors in physiology and pathophysiology of the skin...
- Posttranslationally processed forms of the human chemokine HCC-1R Richter
Lower Saxony Institute for Peptide Research, Feodor Lynen Strasse 31, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Biochemistry 39:10799-805. 2000..Our data imply that HCC-1 (1-74), HCC-1 (3-74), HCC-1 (4-74) and glycosylated HCC-1 (1-74) circulate in human blood. The N-terminal processing and modification of HCC-1 might be of importance in displaying its full biological activity...
- Determination of the disulfide bond pattern of the endogenous and recombinant angiogenesis inhibitor endostatin by mass spectrometryH John
IPF PharmaCeuticals GmbH, Feodor Lynen Str 31, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 15:1222-8. 2001..For a clear discussion of fragmented disulfide-bridged peptide chains obtained from MS(n) experiments, a modified general nomenclature is proposed...
- Characterization of human circulating TIG2 as a ligand for the orphan receptor ChemR23W Meder
IPF PharmaCeuticals GmbH, Feodor Lynen Str 31, D 30625, Hannover, Germany
FEBS Lett 555:495-9. 2003..Based on the expression pattern of ChemR23 and TIG2, the physiological role in bone development, immune and inflammatory responses and the maintenance of skin is now being investigated...
- [Gap junctions in the human urinary bladder]H John
Urologische Klinik, Universitatsspital Zurich
Aktuelle Urol 34:328-32. 2003....