Affiliation: Johann Wolfgang Goethe-University
- Thymosin beta 4 expression and nuclear transport are regulated by hMLH1Angela Brieger
Department of Internal Medicine I, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt a M, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 364:731-6. 2007..Moreover, loss of hMLH1 causes Tbeta4 deprivation and results in reduced migratory activity in vitro. These data give insight into novel functions of hMLH1 and probably disease related dysregulated mechanisms...
- Functional analysis of hMLH1 variants and HNPCC-related mutations using a human expression systemJoerg Trojan
Second Department of Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt a M, Germany
Gastroenterology 122:211-9. 2002..To date, functional analysis of missense mutations has been performed primarily in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. The aim of this study was to examine the biochemical properties of hMLH1 protein variants in a human expression system...
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma is a rare Lynch syndrome-associated tumor in two German familiesAngela Brieger
Medical Clinic 1, Biomedical Research Laboratory, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Fam Cancer 10:591-5. 2011..In conclusion, our data further support that patients with Lynch syndrome are at increased risk for rare tumors such as MFH. However, the prognosis compared to sporadic MFH seems to be favorable...
- Detection of microsatellite instability from archival, hematoxylin-eosin-stained colorectal cancer specimenJoerg Trojan
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:202-4. 2002..In conclusion, this study demonstrates the feasibility of MSI analysis by direct fluorescence polymerase chain reaction amplification using hematoxylin-eosin-stained tissue specimens without the need for prior DNA extraction...
- BAX and caspase-5 frameshift mutations and spontaneous apoptosis in colorectal cancer with microsatellite instabilityJoerg Trojan
2nd Department of Medicine and Senckenberg Center of Pathology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Center, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt a M, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 19:538-44. 2004..The aim of this study was to further characterize the role of BAX and cas-5 inactivation for spontaneous apoptosis...