Affiliation: Johann Wolfgang Goethe University
- Skill learning in patients with moderate Alzheimer's disease: a prospective pilot-study of waltz-lessonsAlexander Rösler
Department of Neurology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:1155-6. 2002..Patients with AD showed a significant effect in procedural learning whereas depressed patients did not. These findings suggest potential implications for therapeutic interventions in patients with moderate AD...
- [Visual search in healthy persons and Alzheimer's patients: relating cognitive function to clinical practice]A Rosler
Klinik fur Neurologie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt Main
Nervenarzt 74:863-8. 2003..To close the gap between theoretical implications and clinical practice, models of visual search are employed to explain visual search impairments in patients with Alzheimer's disease...
- Single-needle acupuncture alleviates gag reflex during transesophageal echocardiography: a blinded, randomized, controlled pilot trialAlexander Rösler
Department of Neurology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Schleusenweg 2 16, 60528 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Altern Complement Med 9:847-9. 2003..To study the effect of single-needle acupuncture in suppressing gag-reflex in transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)...
- The fuzzy frontier between subjective memory complaints and early dementia. A survey of patient management in German memory clinicsA Rosler
Department of Neurology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 17:222-30. 2004..We assessed the variability with which memory clinics deal with this problem in everyday practice...
- The "zoom lens" of focal attention in visual search: changes in aging and Alzheimer's diseaseAlexander Rösler
Cognitives Neurology and Alzheimer s Disease Center, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Cortex 41:512-9. 2005..Reduced efficiency of visual search in AD may be contributed to by reduced ability to dynamically adjust the attentional zoom, coupled with the inability to disengage attention from peripheral targets...
- The attentional field has a Mexican hat distributionNotger G Müller
Cognitive Neurology Unit, Department of Neurology and Brain Imaging Center, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Vision Res 45:1129-37. 2005..Neuroreport, 15(6), 977-980]. As behavioral performance parallels activity modulation of primary visual cortex but not other areas we propose that perceptual capacities are determined by attentional response properties of V1...
- The sensory cortical representation of the human penis: revisiting somatotopy in the male homunculusChristian A Kell
Brain Imaging Center and Department of Neurology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
J Neurosci 25:5984-7. 2005....