Affiliation: Johann Wolfgang Goethe University
- Remote ischaemic preconditioning for heart surgery. The study design for a multi-center randomized double-blinded controlled clinical trial--the RIPHeart-StudyPatrick Meybohm
Clinic of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, University Hospital Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Eur Heart J 33:1423-6. 2012..The purpose of this report is to describe the design and methods used in the "Remote Ischaemic Preconditioning for Heart Surgery (RIPHeart)-Study"...
- Safety and effectiveness of a Patient Blood Management (PBM) program in surgical patients - the study design for a multi-centre prospective epidemiologic non-inferiority trialPatrick Meybohm
Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, University Hospital Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
BMC Health Serv Res 14:576. 2014..Patient Blood Management (PBM) concepts aim to increase and preserve autologous erythrocyte volume and to optimise haemotherapy. They thus have great potential to benefit patients...
- SodiUm SeleniTe Adminstration IN Cardiac Surgery (SUSTAIN CSX-trial): study design of an international multicenter randomized double-blinded controlled trial of high dose sodium-selenite administration in high-risk cardiac surgical patientsChristian Stoppe
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital of the RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrase 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Trials 15:339. 2014..Thus, a large-scale study is needed to investigate the effect of perioperative selenium supplementation on the occurrence of postoperative organ dysfunction...
- Activities of cardiac tissue matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 are reduced by remote ischemic preconditioning in cardiosurgical patients with cardiopulmonary bypassKarina Zitta
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
J Transl Med 12:94. 2014..Here we investigated the effects of RIPC on the activities of heart tissue MMP-2/9 and their correlation with serum concentrations of cardiac troponin T (cTnT), a marker for myocardial damage...
- Postoperative neurocognitive dysfunction in patients undergoing cardiac surgery after remote ischemic preconditioning: a double-blind randomized controlled pilot studyPatrick Meybohm
Clinic of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, University Hospital Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e64743. 2013..We hypothesized that RIPC reduces postoperative neurocognitive dysfunction (POCD) in patients undergoing complex cardiac surgery...
- Aprotinin may increase mortality in low and intermediate risk but not in high risk cardiac surgical patients compared to tranexamic acid and ε-aminocaproic acid -- a meta-analysis of randomised and observational trials of over 30.000 patientsPatrick Meybohm
Clinic of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, University Hospital Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e58009. 2013..To compare the effect of aprotinin with the effect of lysine analogues (tranexamic acid and ε-aminocaproic acid) on early mortality in three subgroups of patients: low, intermediate and high risk of cardiac surgery...
- Multiple electrode aggregometry for the assessment of acquired platelet dysfunctions during extracorporeal circulationHaitham Mutlak
Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, University Hospital Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 63:21-7. 2015..The aim of the present investigation was to study the capability of the multiple electrode aggregometry (MEA) using the Multiplate (Roche AG, Grenzach, Germany) device to reflect the extent of ECC-associated platelet dysfunctions...