- High-Throughput Omics Technologies: Potential Tools for the Investigation of Influences of EMF on Biological SystemsM Blankenburg
Department of Bioethics and Science Communication, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine Berlin Buch, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Curr Genomics 10:86-92. 2009....
- ST18 is a breast cancer tumor suppressor gene at human chromosome 8q11.2Burkhard Jandrig
Department of Tumor Genetics, Max Delbruck Centre for Molecular Medicine, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Oncogene 23:9295-302. 2004..We further show that ectopic ST18 expression in MCF-7 breast cancer cells strongly inhibits colony formation in soft agar and the formation of tumors in a xenograft mouse model...
- SASH1: a candidate tumor suppressor gene on chromosome 6q24.3 is downregulated in breast cancerConstanze Zeller
Department of Tumor Genetics, Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Roessle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Oncogene 22:2972-83. 2003..We therefore hypothesize that other mechanisms as for instance methylation of the promoter region of SASH1 are responsible for the loss of expression of SASH1 in primary and metastatic breast cancer...
- Expression of the protein phosphatase 1 inhibitor KEPI is downregulated in breast cancer cell lines and tissues and involved in the regulation of the tumor suppressor EGR1 via the MEK-ERK pathwayKatrin Wenzel
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, Berlin, Germany
Biol Chem 388:489-95. 2007..These results reveal a novel role for KEPI in the regulation of the tumor suppressor gene EGR1 via activation of the MEK-ERK MAPK pathway...
- The ethics of uncertainty. In the light of possible dangers, research becomes a moral dutyChristof Tannert
Unit Bioethics and Science Communication, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
EMBO Rep 8:892-6. 2007
- Mutation analysis and mRNA expression of trail-receptors in human breast cancerSusanne Seitz
Abteilung Tumorgenetik, Max Delbruck Centrum fur Molekulare Medizin, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Int J Cancer 102:117-28. 2002..Our mutation studies indicate that DD receptor mutations occur at low frequency and are not the primary cause for the altered mRNA expression of TRAIL and TRAIL-receptors in BC...