- The microvascular volume of the Achilles tendon is increased in patients with tendinopathy at rest and after a 1-hour treadmill runJessica Pingel
Jessica Pingel, Institute of Sports Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Bispebjerg Bakke 23, Building 8, 1st Floor, DK 2400 Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Sports Med 41:2400-8. 2013..Achilles tendinopathy (AT) is initiated asymptomatically and is therefore often discovered at a very late stage...
- Effects of 2 weeks lower limb immobilization and two separate rehabilitation regimens on gastrocnemius muscle protein turnover signaling and normalization genesAnders Nedergaard
Institute of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery M, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Res Notes 5:166. 2012..To investigate the phosphorylation and expression of candidate key molecular muscle mass regulators after immobilization and subsequent rehabilitation we performed two separate studies...
- No inflammatory gene-expression response to acute exercise in human Achilles tendinopathyJessica Pingel
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery M Bispebjerg Hospital and Center for Healthy Aging, Faculty of Health Sciences, Institute of Sports Medicine Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Bispebjerg Bakke 23, Copenhagen NV, Denmark
Eur J Appl Physiol 113:2101-9. 2013..The signalling for collagen and TGF-beta was upregulated after acute loading in tendinopathic tendon. In contrast to the hypothesis, inflammatory signalling was not exaggerated in tendinopathic tendon 2 h after acute mechanical loading...
- The acute effects of exercise on the microvascular volume of Achilles tendons in healthy young subjectsJessica Pingel
Institute of Sports Medicine Copenhagen and Centre for Healthy Aging, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 33:252-7. 2013..Real-time harmonic contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEU) is used in several diseases to visualize the microvascularization in various tissues, due to its high sensitivity...
- Local biochemical and morphological differences in human Achilles tendinopathy: a case control studyPingel J
Institute of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery M, Bispebjerg Hospital and Center for Healthy Aging, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:53. 2012..The expressions of growth factors, inflammatory mediators and tendon morphology were determined in both chronically diseased and healthy tendon parts...