- Bullous pemphigoid: role of complement and mechanisms for blister formation within the lamina lucidaHiroaki Iwata
Department of Dermatology, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Exp Dermatol 22:381-5. 2013....
- GM-CSF modulates autoantibody production and skin blistering in experimental epidermolysis bullosa acquisitaUnni Krishna S R L Samavedam
Department of Dermatology, University of Lubeck, 23563 Lübeck, Germany
J Immunol 192:559-71. 2014..We demonstrate that GM-CSF modulates both autoantibody production and skin blistering in a prototypical organ-specific autoimmune disease. ..
- B cells, dendritic cells, and macrophages are required to induce an autoreactive CD4 helper T cell response in experimental epidermolysis bullosa acquisitaHiroaki Iwata
Department of Dermatology, University of Lubeck, 23538 Lubeck, Germany
J Immunol 191:2978-88. 2013..Collectively, we demonstrate the pathogenic relevance of Abs targeting the vWFA2 domain of COL7 and show the requirement of APC-induced CD4 T cells to induce experimental EBA. ..
- Persistent Autoantibody-Production by Intermediates between Short-and Long-Lived Plasma Cells in Inflamed Lymph Nodes of Experimental Epidermolysis Bullosa AcquisitaBenjamin Tiburzy
Institute for Systemic Inflammation Research ISEF, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e83631. 2013..These results indicate that inflamed lymph nodes can harbor pathogenic plasma cells exhibiting distinct properties and hence may resemble a so far neglected site for chronic autoantibody production. ..
- Genetic identification and functional validation of FcγRIV as key molecule in autoantibody-induced tissue injuryMichael Kasperkiewicz
Department of Dermatology, University of Lubeck, Germany
J Pathol 228:8-19. 2012..Our findings both genetically and functionally identify a novel disease-related molecule, FcγRIV, in an autoantibody-mediated disorder, which may be of importance for the development of novel targeted therapies...