Affiliation: Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunology
- Paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria treatment with eculizumab is associated with a positive direct antiglobulin testB Höchsmann
Institute of Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, German Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service Baden Wuerttemberg, Hessen, Germany
Vox Sang 102:159-66. 2012..These published clinical trials investigated a highly selected patient population. Therefore, it seems important to study this topic in a general PNH patient population with a longer follow-up...
- Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH): higher sensitivity and validity in diagnosis and serial monitoring by flow cytometric analysis of reticulocytesBritta Höchsmann
DRK Blood Donor Service, Baden Württemberg Hessia, Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Ann Hematol 90:887-99. 2011..Among the markers in our panel, CD58 and CD59 on reticulocytes, CD24/66b, and eventually FLAER on granulocytes as well as CD14 on monocytes were most effective for flow cytometric diagnosis of GPI deficiency...
- Quality of tumor lysates used for pulsing dendritic cells is influenced by the method used to harvest adherent tumor cellsGloria Isabelle Herzog
Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Germany
BMC Res Notes 4:153. 2011..abstract:..
- Human mesenchymal stem cells respond to native but not oxidized damage associated molecular pattern molecules from necrotic (tumor) materialRamin Lotfi
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Eur J Immunol 41:2021-8. 2011..Based on our results, oxidizing conditions should be considered for therapeutic approaches that target the tumor microenvironment...
- Automatic interface-controlled apheresis collection of stem/progenitor cells: results from an autologous donor validation trial of a novel stem cell apheresis devicePeter Reinhardt
German Red Cross Blood Service Baden Württemberg Hessen and Institute of Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Transfusion 51:1321-30. 2011....
- Eculizumab opens a new era of treatment for paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuriaHubert Schrezenmeier
Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Red Cross Blood Service Baden Württemberg Hessen, Germany
Expert Rev Hematol 2:7-16. 2009..Experience from the pilot study and the Phase III pivotal program of eculizumab in PNH will be summarized and the impact of eculizumab on the future treatment of PNH will be discussed...
- Carboxylated superparamagnetic iron oxide particles label cells intracellularly without transfection agentsVolker Mailänder
Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Helmholtzstr 10, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Mol Imaging Biol 10:138-46. 2008..A steady increase in uptake of nanoparticles was detected with a higher density of carboxyl groups showing the relevance of charged groups as in the case of Resovist. Aggregation of these polymeric nanoparticles was not found...
- Bacterial contamination of platelet concentrates: results of a prospective multicenter study comparing pooled whole blood-derived platelets and apheresis plateletsHubert Schrezenmeier
Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Red Cross Blood Donor Service Baden Württemberg Hessia, and Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Transfusion 47:644-52. 2007....
- mRNA-mediated gene delivery into human progenitor cells promotes highly efficient protein expressionJuliane M Wiehe
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 11:521-30. 2007..It may be useful to transiently manipulate stem cell characteristics and thus combine principles of gene therapy and tissue engineering...
- Eosinophils oxidize damage-associated molecular pattern molecules derived from stressed cellsRamin Lotfi
Institut fur klinische Transfusionsmedizin und Immungenetik Ulm, Institut fur Transfusionsmedizin Universitat Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Immunol 183:5023-31. 2009..Novel therapeutic strategies may be considered by advancing oxidative denaturation of released necrotic material using Eos or other aerobic strategies...
- Uptake of functionalized, fluorescent-labeled polymeric particles in different cell lines and stem cellsMyriam Ricarda Lorenz
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, University of Ulm, Helmholtzstr 10, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Biomaterials 27:2820-8. 2006..Scanning electron microscopy showed microvilli to be involved in this process...