Affiliation: Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunology
- Changed adipocytokine concentrations in colorectal tumor patients and morbidly obese patients compared to healthy controlsAndreas Hillenbrand
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, University Hospital of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89081, Ulm, Germany
BMC Cancer 12:545. 2012....
- Drugs that inhibit complementHubert Schrezenmeier
German Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service Baden Württemberg Hessia, Institute of Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, and University of Ulm, Helmholtzstraße 10, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Transfus Apher Sci 46:87-92. 2012..g. cold agglutinin disease; atypical HUS) and new approaches to complement inhibition with drugs other than eculizumab...
- Sepsis induced changes of adipokines and cytokines - septic patients compared to morbidly obese patientsAndreas Hillenbrand
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital of Ulm, Steinhoevelstr, Ulm, Germany
BMC Surg 10:26. 2010..In this study we examined the serum adipocytokine profile in critically ill patients, MO patients, and healthy blood donors...
- Quality of tumor lysates used for pulsing dendritic cells is influenced by the method used to harvest adherent tumor cellsGloria Isabelle Herzog
Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Germany
BMC Res Notes 4:153. 2011..abstract:..
- Eculizumab opens a new era of treatment for paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuriaHubert Schrezenmeier
Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Red Cross Blood Service Baden Württemberg Hessen, Germany
Expert Rev Hematol 2:7-16. 2009..Experience from the pilot study and the Phase III pivotal program of eculizumab in PNH will be summarized and the impact of eculizumab on the future treatment of PNH will be discussed...
- Buffy-coat-derived pooled platelet concentrates and apheresis platelet concentrates: which product type should be preferred?H Schrezenmeier
Red Cross Blood Service Baden Württemberg Hessen, Germany
Vox Sang 99:1-15. 2010....
- Bacterial contamination of platelet concentrates: results of a prospective multicenter study comparing pooled whole blood-derived platelets and apheresis plateletsHubert Schrezenmeier
Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Red Cross Blood Donor Service Baden Württemberg Hessia, and Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Transfusion 47:644-52. 2007....
- The frequency of DRB1*1454 in South German CaucasiansD Furst
German Red Cross Blood Donation Service, Baden Wuerttemberg Hessen, Ulm, Germany
Tissue Antigens 76:57-9. 2010..HLA-DRB1*1454 is the most common DRB1*14 allele among German Caucasians and should be considered as a preferred allele over DRB1*1401...
- How much blood is needed?E Seifried
Institute for Transfusion Medicine and Immunohaematology, German Red Cross Blood Donor Service Baden Wuerttemberg Hessen and Clinics of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt Main, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Vox Sang 100:10-21. 2011..Different blood donor groups require specific approaches and, for example, inactive or deferred donors must be re-activated. Optimal use of blood components requires even more attention...
- Carboxylated superparamagnetic iron oxide particles label cells intracellularly without transfection agentsVolker Mailänder
Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, Institute of Transfusion Medicine, University of Ulm, Helmholtzstr 10, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Mol Imaging Biol 10:138-46. 2008..A steady increase in uptake of nanoparticles was detected with a higher density of carboxyl groups showing the relevance of charged groups as in the case of Resovist. Aggregation of these polymeric nanoparticles was not found...
- Prediction of duration and success rate of unrelated hematopoietic stem cell donor searches based on the patient's HLA-DRB1 allele and DRB1-DQB1 haplotype frequenciesK Hirv
Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, University of Ulm and German Red Cross Blood Donation Service, Baden Wuerttemberg, Hessen, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 44:433-40. 2009..An unrelated donor can be found for most of the patients, even if the indication for transplantation is urgent...
- Effect of functionalised fluorescence-labelled nanoparticles on mesenchymal stem cell differentiationAndrea Tautzenberger
Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Biomechanics, Centre of Musculoskeletal Research, University of Ulm, Helmholtzstrasse 14, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Biomaterials 31:2064-71. 2010..It was concluded that the surface functionalisation with phosphonate groups provides a promising basis for the development of nanoparticles with high intracellular uptake rates for drug delivery or cell labelling...
- mRNA-mediated gene delivery into human progenitor cells promotes highly efficient protein expressionJuliane M Wiehe
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Cell Mol Med 11:521-30. 2007..It may be useful to transiently manipulate stem cell characteristics and thus combine principles of gene therapy and tissue engineering...
- Eosinophils oxidize damage-associated molecular pattern molecules derived from stressed cellsRamin Lotfi
Institut fur klinische Transfusionsmedizin und Immungenetik Ulm, Institut fur Transfusionsmedizin Universitat Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Immunol 183:5023-31. 2009..Novel therapeutic strategies may be considered by advancing oxidative denaturation of released necrotic material using Eos or other aerobic strategies...
- Uptake of functionalized, fluorescent-labeled polymeric particles in different cell lines and stem cellsMyriam Ricarda Lorenz
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm, University of Ulm, Helmholtzstr 10, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Biomaterials 27:2820-8. 2006..Scanning electron microscopy showed microvilli to be involved in this process...