Affiliation: Institute of Physiology
- Quantification of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) mRNA: development and validation of an internally standardised competitive reverse transcription-polymerase chain reactionM Pfaffl
Institut fur Physiologie, Forschungszentrum fur Milch und Lebensmittel Weihenstephan, Technische Universitat Munchen, Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 106:506-13. 1998..In bulls, the IGF-1 mRNA expression was higher in m. splenius (p < 0.01) than m. gastrocnemius, indicating that locally produced IGF-1 might be important for sexually dimorphic muscle growth patterns...
- Quantification of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) mRNA: modulation of growth intensity by feeding results in inter- and intra-tissue-specific differences of IGF-1 mRNA expression in steersM Pfaffl
Institut fur Physiologie, Forschungszentrum fur Milch und Lebensmittel Weihenstephan, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 106:514-21. 1998..Our findings demonstrate that IGF-1 mRNA expression is regulated tissue specifically not only between different organs but also within musculature...
- A new mathematical model for relative quantification in real-time RT-PCRM W Pfaffl
Institute of Physiology, FML Weihenstephan, Center of Life and Food Sciences, Technical University of Munich, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 29:e45. 2001..High accuracy and reproducibility (<2.5% variation) were reached in LightCycler PCR using the established mathematical model...
- Tissue-specific expression pattern of estrogen receptors (ER): quantification of ER alpha and ER beta mRNA with real-time RT-PCRM W Pfaffl
Institute of Physiology, Research Centre for Milk and Food Weihenstephan, Technical University of Munich, Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
APMIS 109:345-55. 2001..001) and kidney medulla (p<0.05). These data support the hypothesis that ER beta may have different biological functions than ER alpha, especially in kidney and jejunum...
- Effects of synthetic progestagens on the mRNA expression of androgen receptor, progesterone receptor, oestrogen receptor alpha and beta, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) and IGF-1 receptor in heifer tissuesM W Pfaffl
Institute of Physiology, Centre of Life and Food Sciences, Technical University of Munich, Germany
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 49:57-64. 2002..ERalpha in liver and neck muscle showed a trend of increasing expression...
- Expression of estrogen and androgen receptor in the bovine gastrointestinal tractH Sauerwein
Institut fur Physiologie, Forschungszentrum fur Milch und Lebensmittel Weihenstephan, Technische Universitat Munchen
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 102:164-8. 1995..AR mRNA expression was not determined in the forestomaches, but was present in all intestinal segments investigated.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Influence of oral application of mycophenolic acid on the clinical health status of sheepA I Mohr
Institute of Animal Hygiene, Centre of Life and Food Sciences, Technical University Munich, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, D 85354 Freising, Germany
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 54:76-81. 2007..The results of the study indicate that MPA concentrations occurring naturally in silage have no obvious impact on sheep health...
- Short-term effects on pro-inflammatory cytokine, lactoferrin and CD14 mRNA expression levels in bovine immunoseparated milk and blood cells treated by LPSC Prgomet
Physiology - Weihenstephan, Center of Life and Food Science, , Weihenstephaner Berg 3, 85354 Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 52:317-24. 2005..The constitutive transcription of CD14 mRNA in WBC and monocytes was found to be 6 to 15 times higher than in adequate milk cells...
- The mRNA expression of the members of the IGF-system in bovine corpus luteum during induced luteolysisT P Neuvians
Institute of Physiology, Technical University Munich, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, Freising-Weihenstephan D-85350, Germany
Domest Anim Endocrinol 25:359-72. 2003..There were no significant changes in IGF I mRNA expression. In conclusion, the IGF-system with all its components seems to play an important role in the very complex process of PGF2alpha-induced luteolysis in bovine CL...
- Abundance of message for insulin-like growth factors-I and -II and for receptors for growth hormone, insulin-like growth factors-I and -II, and insulin in the intestine and liver of pre- and full-term calvesT M Georgieva
Division of Nutrition and Physiology, Institute of Animal Genetics, Nutrition and Housing, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Berne, CH-3012 Berne, Switzerland
J Anim Sci 81:2294-300. 2003..In conclusion, mRNA levels of IGF-I and IGF-II and of receptors for GH, IGF-I, IGF-II, and insulin were different at different intestinal sites and in intestine and liver and changed during the perinatal period...
- Expression and localisation of oestrogen and progesterone receptors in the bovine mammary gland during development, function and involutionD Schams
Institute of Physiology, Technical University Munich-Weihenstephan, D-85350 Freising, Germany
J Endocrinol 177:305-17. 2003..In conclusion, the mRNA expression and protein data for ER and PR showed clear regulatory changes, suggesting involvement of these receptors in bovine mammary gland development and involution...
- Characterisation of gene expression patterns in 22RV1 cells for determination of environmental androgenic/antiandrogenic compoundsA Hartel
Institute of Physiology, Center of Milk and Food Research, Technical University Munich, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, 85354 Freising, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 84:231-8. 2003....
- The gastrointestinal tract as target of steroid hormone action: quantification of steroid receptor mRNA expression (AR, ERalpha, ERbeta and PR) in 10 bovine gastrointestinal tract compartments by kinetic RT-PCRM W Pfaffl
Institute of Physiology, Research Centre for Milk and Food Weihenstephan, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, Technische Universitat Munchen, D 85350, Freising, Germany
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 84:159-66. 2003..AR and PR seem to be not estrogen dependent...
- Real-time RT-PCR quantification of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1, IGF-1 receptor, IGF-2, IGF-2 receptor, insulin receptor, growth hormone receptor, IGF-binding proteins 1, 2 and 3 in the bovine speciesM W Pfaffl
Institute of Physiology, Center of Life and Food Sciences, Technical University of Munich, 85354 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Domest Anim Endocrinol 22:91-102. 2002....
- [Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) mRNA and IGF-1 protein. Expression in cells of the trabecular meshwork of the bovine eye]Y Cao
Department of Ophthalmology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Ophthalmologe 99:555-8. 2002....
- Effect of lactoferrin on selected immune system parameters and the gastrointestinal morphology in growing calvesC Prgomet
Lehrstuhl für Physiologie, Technische Universität München Weihenstephan, Freising, Germany
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 91:109-19. 2007..Together these findings emphasize the ability of LF to stimulate prominent immune system parameters and that it has the capacity to modulate the immune responses in a positive way...
- Quantitative real-time RT-PCR--a perspectiveS A Bustin
Institute of Cellular and Molecular Science, Barts and The London, Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London, London, UK
J Mol Endocrinol 34:597-601. 2005....
- Short-term changes of mRNA expression of various inflammatory factors and milk proteins in mammary tissue during LPS-induced mastitisS Schmitz
Institute of Physiology, Technical University Munich, D-85354 Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany
Domest Anim Endocrinol 26:111-26. 2004..05). In conclusion, mRNA expression of most inflammatory factors increased within hours, whereas that of most milk proteins remained unchanged...
- Detection and quantification of mRNA expression of alpha- and beta-adrenergic receptor subtypes in the mammary gland of dairy cowsT Inderwies
Institute of Physiology, Technical University Munich, D 85354 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Domest Anim Endocrinol 24:123-35. 2003..In conclusion, eight of nine adrenergic receptors classified to date were detected and relatively quantified in the mammary gland of dairy cows...
- Involvement of pro-inflammatory cytokines, mediators of inflammation, and basic fibroblast growth factor in prostaglandin F2alpha-induced luteolysis in bovine corpus luteumT P Neuvians
Department of Physiology, Technical University Munich, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, D 85350 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Biol Reprod 70:473-80. 2004..FGF-2 may participate in the suppression of cytokine-induced iNOS mRNA expression and in the prevention of an inflammatory reaction in the surrounding tissues...
- Milking characteristics and their relation to adrenergic receptor mRNA expression and ligand binding in the mammary gland of dairy cowsT Inderwies
Institute of Physiology, Technical University Munich, D-85354, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany
Domest Anim Endocrinol 25:275-86. 2003..To influence milking characteristics, individual reactions of the cow on adrenergic stimulation have to be considered...
- Gene expression of immunologically important factors in blood cells, milk cells, and mammary tissue of cowsM W Pfaffl
Institute of Physiology, Technical University Munich, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, D-85350 Freising, Germany
J Dairy Sci 86:538-45. 2003..Generally, TNFalpha and COX-2 showed their highest expression in milk cells, 5-LO in blood cells, whereas lactoferrin was mainly expressed by the mammary tissue. COX-1 was similarly expressed in all tested samples...
- [Effect of transforming growth factor beta 2 on phagocytosis in cultured bovine trabecular meshwork cells]Y Cao
Institut für Augenheilkunde, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Ophthalmologe 100:535-8. 2003..This study was performed to investigate the effect of transforming growth factor beta 2 (TGF-beta 2) on phagocytosis in bovine trabecular meshwork cells in vitro...
- Reference histology of veal calf genital and endocrine tissues - an update for screening on hormonal growth promotersM J Groot
RIKILT Institute of Food Safety, 6700 AE Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 54:238-46. 2007..This experiment showed that it is possible to raise veal calves according to the practice without getting positive histology in the prostate or Bartholin's gland...