- [Treatment effects of parent management training for ADHD]Harriet Salbach
Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Berlin
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 33:59-68. 2005..The study investigated the efficacy of a programme of parent management training in groups for the parents of ADHD children that is based on a cognitive behavioural concept...
- Supplementation of polyunsaturated fatty acids, magnesium and zinc in children seeking medical advice for attention-deficit/hyperactivity problems - an observational cohort studyMichael Huss
Department for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1 55131 Mainz, Germany
Lipids Health Dis 9:105. 2010..They are essential for normal brain functioning including attention and other neuropsychological skills...
- How often are German children and adolescents diagnosed with ADHD? Prevalence based on the judgment of health care professionals: results of the German health and examination survey (KiGGS)Michael Huss
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131, Mainz, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 17:52-8. 2008..Extended knowledge regarding its epidemiology will help to optimise the distribution of health resources and support affected children and adolescents...
- [Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: risk factors, protective factors, health supply, quality of life. A brief review]Michael Huss
Klinikum der Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Main, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 51:602-5. 2008..Studies on quality of life indicate that ADHD should not be reduced to core symptoms since affected children are impaired in almost all areas of daily life...
- No increase in long-term risk for nicotine use disorders after treatment with methylphenidate in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): evidence from a non-randomised retrospective studyM Huss
Head of Department for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Neural Transm 115:335-9. 2008..To evaluate long-term effects of methylphenidate (MPH) treatment in ADHD children on the development of nicotine use disorders (SUD-N)...
- Prevalence of the Child Behavior Checklist-pediatric bipolar disorder phenotype in a German general population sampleMartin Holtmann
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, JW Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Bipolar Disord 9:895-900. 2007..In Germany, no epidemiological study has included PBD to date...
- Reward anticipation and outcomes in adult males with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderAndreas Strohle
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Campus Charite Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Neuroimage 39:966-72. 2008..These findings suggest that male adults with ADHD show neural signs of abnormal reward processing. Future studies will have to investigate whether these dysfunctional patterns might be normalized by treatment...
- International consensus statement on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and disruptive behaviour disorders (DBDs): clinical implications and treatment practice suggestionsStan Kutcher
Dalhousie University Department of Psychiatry, QE II Health Sciences Centre, Abbie J Lane Building Suite 9212, 5909 Veterans Memorial Lane, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 2E2, Canada
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:11-28. 2004..Pharmacotherapy requires careful titration; full-day coverage is the suggested goal. Regular long-term follow-up is recommended...
- [Impulsiveness in children with hyperkinetic syndrome]Harriet Salbach
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Charite, Medizinische Fakultät der Humboldt Universität, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 51:466-75. 2002..These results led to the development of a model that includes the construct of "impulsivity" as separate dimension of ADHD...
- [Diagnosis related groups (DRG) in child and adolescent psychiatry: results of a prospective pilot study]Michael Huss
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie der Kindes und Jugendalters, Charité Campus Virchow Klinikum der Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 51:239-53. 2002..Comorbidity and complexity of the disorder was not related to the length of hospital treatment. Implications on future payment systems in child and adolescent psychiatry are discussed...