- [Treatment effects of parent management training for ADHD]Harriet Salbach
Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Berlin
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 33:59-68. 2005..The study investigated the efficacy of a programme of parent management training in groups for the parents of ADHD children that is based on a cognitive behavioural concept...
- Supplementation of polyunsaturated fatty acids, magnesium and zinc in children seeking medical advice for attention-deficit/hyperactivity problems - an observational cohort studyMichael Huss
Department for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1 55131 Mainz, Germany
Lipids Health Dis 9:105. 2010..They are essential for normal brain functioning including attention and other neuropsychological skills...
- How often are German children and adolescents diagnosed with ADHD? Prevalence based on the judgment of health care professionals: results of the German health and examination survey (KiGGS)Michael Huss
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131, Mainz, Germany
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 17:52-8. 2008..Extended knowledge regarding its epidemiology will help to optimise the distribution of health resources and support affected children and adolescents...
- [Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: risk factors, protective factors, health supply, quality of life. A brief review]Michael Huss
Klinikum der Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Main, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 51:602-5. 2008..Studies on quality of life indicate that ADHD should not be reduced to core symptoms since affected children are impaired in almost all areas of daily life...
- No increase in long-term risk for nicotine use disorders after treatment with methylphenidate in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): evidence from a non-randomised retrospective studyM Huss
Head of Department for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Neural Transm 115:335-9. 2008..To evaluate long-term effects of methylphenidate (MPH) treatment in ADHD children on the development of nicotine use disorders (SUD-N)...
- Use of coffee, caffeinated drinks and caffeine tablets for cognitive enhancement in pupils and students in GermanyA G Franke
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University Medical Centre Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Pharmacopsychiatry 44:331-8. 2011..There are only few data about substances, prevalence rates and factors associated with CE. The aim of this study was to assess first data about the use of coffee, caffeinated drinks and caffeine tablets for CE at school and university...
- Prevalence of the Child Behavior Checklist-pediatric bipolar disorder phenotype in a German general population sampleMartin Holtmann
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, JW Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Bipolar Disord 9:895-900. 2007..In Germany, no epidemiological study has included PBD to date...
- Reward anticipation and outcomes in adult males with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderAndreas Strohle
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Campus Charite Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Neuroimage 39:966-72. 2008..These findings suggest that male adults with ADHD show neural signs of abnormal reward processing. Future studies will have to investigate whether these dysfunctional patterns might be normalized by treatment...
- International consensus statement on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and disruptive behaviour disorders (DBDs): clinical implications and treatment practice suggestionsStan Kutcher
Dalhousie University Department of Psychiatry, QE II Health Sciences Centre, Abbie J Lane Building Suite 9212, 5909 Veterans Memorial Lane, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 2E2, Canada
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 14:11-28. 2004..Pharmacotherapy requires careful titration; full-day coverage is the suggested goal. Regular long-term follow-up is recommended...
- [Impulsiveness in children with hyperkinetic syndrome]Harriet Salbach
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Charite, Medizinische Fakultät der Humboldt Universität, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 51:466-75. 2002..These results led to the development of a model that includes the construct of "impulsivity" as separate dimension of ADHD...
- [Diagnosis related groups (DRG) in child and adolescent psychiatry: results of a prospective pilot study]Michael Huss
Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie der Kindes und Jugendalters, Charité Campus Virchow Klinikum der Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 51:239-53. 2002..Comorbidity and complexity of the disorder was not related to the length of hospital treatment. Implications on future payment systems in child and adolescent psychiatry are discussed...