Claudia M Witt
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Witt C, Schützler L, Lüdtke R, Wegscheider K, Willich S. Patient characteristics and variation in treatment outcomes: which patients benefit most from acupuncture for chronic pain?. Clin J Pain. 2011;27:550-5 pubmed publisher..049), and former positive acupuncture experience (P = 0.005). Future research to clarify the modifying effects with special focus on patients' expectations and other psychological variables is needed. ..
- Witt C, Aickin M, Baca T, Cherkin D, Haan M, Hammerschlag R, et al. Effectiveness Guidance Document (EGD) for acupuncture research - a consensus document for conducting trials. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012;12:148 pubmed publisher..The present EGD, based on an international consensus developed with multiple stakeholder involvement, provides the first systematic methodological guidance for future CER on acupuncture. ..
- Blödt S, Mittring N, Schützler L, Fischer F, Holmberg C, Horneber M, et al. A consultation training program for physicians for communication about complementary medicine with breast cancer patients: a prospective, multi-center, cluster-randomized, mixed-method pilot study. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:843 pubmed..A larger trial using more suitable quantitative outcomes needs to confirm this. ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT02223091 , date of registration: 7 February 2014. ..
- Witt C, Pach D, Reinhold T, Wruck K, Brinkhaus B, Mank S, et al. Treatment of the adverse effects from acupuncture and their economic impact: a prospective study in 73,406 patients with low back or neck pain. Eur J Pain. 2011;15:193-7 pubmed publisher..047). Adverse effects from acupuncture occur in about 7% of patients and were mainly treated by themselves. When these effects needed treatment by a health professional additional expenses were the consequence...
- Blödt S, Pach D, Eisenhart Rothe S, Lotz F, Roll S, Icke K, et al. Effectiveness of app-based self-acupressure for women with menstrual pain compared to usual care: a randomized pragmatic trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2018;218:227.e1-227.e9 pubmed publisher..Effects were increasing over time, and adherence was good. Future trials should include comparisons with other active treatment options. ..