Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Y chromosome haplotype reference database (YHRD): updateSascha Willuweit
Department of Forensic Genetics, Institute of Legal Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Forensic Sci Int Genet 1:83-7. 2007..Essential for the YHRD project is its collaborative character relying on the engagement of individual laboratories to make their data accessible via YHRD and to share the YHRD standards regarding data quality...
- Y-STR Frequency Surveying Method: A critical reappraisalSascha Willuweit
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Institute of Legal Medicine, Department of Forensic Science, Berlin, Germany
Forensic Sci Int Genet 5:84-90. 2011..The results of the estimation process are reliable and robust if the underlying datasets are large and representative and show small average and pairwise genetic distances...
- Analysis of Y chromosome STR haplotypes in the European part of Russia reveals high diversities but non-significant genetic distances between populationsLutz Roewer
Department of Forensic Genetics, Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Hannoversche Strasse 6, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Int J Legal Med 122:219-23. 2008..Whereas gradual change in the Y chromosome pool exists between Russia and the Slavic-speaking populations to the West, remarkable discontinuities were observed with neighbouring populations in the East, North and South...
- Y-chromosomal STR haplotypes in Kalmyk population samplesLutz Roewer
Institute of Legal Medicine, Charite, University Medicine Berlin, Hannoversche Str 6, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 173:204-9. 2007..AMOVA analysis reveals a close vicinity to Mongolian and Kazakh populations and large genetic distance to geographical neighbours from Russia, Ukraine and the Caucasus...
- A Y-STR database of Iranian and Azerbaijanian minority populationsLutz Roewer
Department of Forensic Genetics, Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Hannoversche Strasse 6, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Forensic Sci Int Genet 4:e53-5. 2009....
- Asian online Y-STR Haplotype Reference DatabaseRuediger Lessig
Institute of Legal Medicine, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 28, D-04103 Leipzig, Germany
Leg Med (Tokyo) 5:S160-3. 2003..All databases are maintained and curated at the Institute of Legal Medicine, Humboldt-University, Berlin and will soon be fused to a global repository including populations from all continents...
- Signature of recent historical events in the European Y-chromosomal STR haplotype distributionLutz Roewer
Institute of Legal Medicine, Humboldt-University, Berlin, Germany
Hum Genet 116:279-91. 2005..We conclude that Y-STRs may be capable of resolving male genealogies to an unparalleled degree and could therefore provide a useful means to study local population structure and recent demographic history...