Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Pallidal and thalamic neurostimulation in severe tardive dystoniaT Trottenberg
Department of Neurology, Humboldt University, Charite Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 70:557-9. 2001..Stimulation of the VIM did not improve the hyperkinetic movements and simultaneous stimulation of both the GPi and the VIM did not result in any additional benefit. The possible pathophysiological mechanisms are discussed...
- Treatment of severe tardive dystonia with pallidal deep brain stimulationT Trottenberg
Department of Neurology, Charite Campus Virchow, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 64:344-6. 2005..7 SD of the motor part of the Burke-Fahn-Marsden Dystonia Rating Scale) improvement of dystonia and functional disability without adverse events...
- Modulation of motor cortex excitability by pallidal stimulation in patients with severe dystoniaA A Kühn
Department of Neurology, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Neurology 60:768-74. 2003..To study the influence of continuous high-frequency electrical stimulation with electrodes implanted in the globus pallidus internus (GPi) on motor cortex excitability in nine patients with dystonia...
- [Apomorphine therapy versus deep rain stimulation. Clinical and economic aspects in patients with advanced Parkinson disease]W Meissner
Neurologische Klinik und Poliklinik, , , Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin
Nervenarzt 72:924-7. 2001..Thus, to further ensure deep-brain stimulation in parkinsonian patients it is mandatory to find a mode of reimbursement for the institutions concerned...
- The effects of frequency in pallidal deep brain stimulation for primary dystoniaA Kupsch
Dept of Neurology, Charite, Campus Virchow, Humboldt University Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Neurol 250:1201-5. 2003..Compared with 130 Hz a significant further clinical improvement was observed at frequencies of 180 and 250 Hz, which contrasted with a significant deterioration at lower frequencies (5, 50 Hz) compared to 130 Hz...
- Long-term effects of pallidal deep brain stimulation in tardive dystoniaD Gruber
Department of Neurology, Charite, University Medicine Berlin, Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 73:53-8. 2009..Here, we show the long-term effect of continuous bilateral GPi DBS in tardive dystonia on motor function, quality of life (QoL), and mood...
- Neurostimulation of the ventral intermediate thalamic nucleus in inherited myoclonus-dystonia syndromeT Trottenberg
Department of Neurology, Humboldt-University, , Berlin, Germany
Mov Disord 16:769-71. 2001..This suggests that neurostimulation of the VIM may be an effective treatment for myoclonus in pharmacologically intractable IMDS...
- The subthalamic region is activated during valence-related emotional processing in patients with Parkinson's diseaseC Brücke
Department of Neurology, Charite, Augustenburgerplatz 1, 13533 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 26:767-74. 2007..Our findings suggest involvement of the human STN in valence-related emotional information processing that can potentially be altered during high-frequency stimulation of the STN in PD leading to behavioural complications...
- Pseudo-bilateral hand motor responses evoked by transcranial magnetic stimulation in patients with deep brain stimulatorsA A Kühn
Department of Neurology, Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Clin Neurophysiol 113:341-5. 2002..The aim of this study was to clarify the origin of these ipsilateral responses...
- Functional connectivity between motor cortex and globus pallidus in human non-REM sleepF Salih
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
J Physiol 587:1071-86. 2009..5 Hz, possibly as a specific signature of the motor system in human non-REM sleep. This finding is pertinent to the longstanding debate about the nature of alpha-delta sleep as a physiological or pathological feature of non-REM sleep...
- Sympathetic activation due to deep brain stimulation in the region of the STNA Lipp
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of the Charit, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 65:774-5. 2005
- A randomized trial of botulinum toxin A for treatment of droolingA Lipp
Department of Neurology, Medical Faculty of the Charit, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 61:1279-81. 2003..The primary endpoint was achieved with 75 MU BTX-A without treatment-related adverse events, suggesting BTX-A is a safe and effective treatment for patients with sialorrhea...
- Pallidal stimulation in dystonia: effects on cognition, mood, and quality of lifeT D Hälbig
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1137, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 76:1713-6. 2005..The present case series report thus provides preliminary evidence for the safety of GPi DBS regarding cognitive and neuropsychiatric functions in patients with dystonia...
- Oscillatory pallidal local field potential activity correlates with involuntary EMG in dystoniaC C Chen
Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
Neurology 66:418-20. 2006..The data suggest that the neuronal synchronization indexed by LFP oscillations in the globus pallidus may be mechanistically linked to dystonic EMG activity...