Affiliation: Humboldt University
- A souvenir from the Canary IslandsRajan Somasundaram
Department of Gastroenterology, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamn 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Lancet 367:1116. 2006
- Hydroxyproline-containing collagen analogs trigger the release and activation of collagen-sequestered proMMP-2 by competition with prodomain-derived peptide P33-42Martin Ruehl
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
Fibrogenesis Tissue Repair 4:1. 2011..abstract:..
- A hepatoprotective Lindera obtusiloba extract suppresses growth and attenuates insulin like growth factor-1 receptor signaling and NF-kappaB activity in human liver cancer cell linesChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin, Germany
BMC Complement Altern Med 11:39. 2011..obtusiloba extract in hepatic stellate cells. Thus, we here consequently examine anti-neoplastic effects of L.obtusiloba extract on human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cell lines and the signaling pathways involved...
- Viscoelasticity-based staging of hepatic fibrosis with multifrequency MR elastographyPatrick Asbach
Department of Radiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, Germany
Radiology 257:80-6. 2010..To analyze the dynamics of the shear modulus of the liver to assess the optimal driving frequency and to determine the diagnostic accuracy of generalized frequency-independent elasticity cutoff values for staging hepatic fibrosis...
- Association of mannose-binding lectin-2 gene polymorphism with the development of hepatitis C-induced hepatocellular carcinomaDennis Eurich
General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Liver Int 31:1006-12. 2011....
- Assessment of liver viscoelasticity using multifrequency MR elastographyPatrick Asbach
Department of Radiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Magn Reson Med 60:373-9. 2008..16 +/- 0.28 kPa; 1.97 +/- 0.30 kPa) of normal volunteers. Multifrequency MRE is well suited for the noninvasive differentiation of normal and fibrotic liver as it allows the measurement of rheologic material properties...
- Extracts of Lindera obtusiloba induce antifibrotic effects in hepatic stellate cells via suppression of a TGF-beta-mediated profibrotic gene expression patternMartin Ruehl
Department of Gastroenterology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 20:597-606. 2009..obtusiloba extract might be mediated by antioxidant activity. Thus, L. obtusiloba, traditionally used in Oriental medicine, may complement treatment of chronic liver disease...
- The alpha 2 chain of collagen type VI sequesters latent proforms of matrix-metalloproteinases and modulates their activation and activityChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Matrix Biol 28:480-9. 2009..Therefore, CVI and especially its alpha2(VI) chain might serve as a lead structure for MMP-based therapeutics which modulates the action of these matrix components, e.g. in fibrosis and cancer...