Genomes and Genes
Bruno V Sinn
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- High SIRT1 expression is a negative prognosticator in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaAlbrecht Stenzinger
Institute of Pathology, and National Center for Tumor Diseases NCT, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 13:450. 2013..Since data on the role of Sirt1 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC) are sparse, we investigated the expression profile and prognostic significance of Sirt1 in vivo as well as cellular effects of Sirt1 inhibition in vitro...
- Evaluation of Mucin-1 protein and mRNA expression as prognostic and predictive markers after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerB V Sinn
Department of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin
Ann Oncol 24:2316-24. 2013..Mucin-1 (MUC1) is a promising antigen for the development of tumor vaccines. We evaluated the frequency of MUC1 expression and its impact on therapy response and survival after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer...
- Decentral gene expression analysis: analytical validation of the Endopredict genomic multianalyte breast cancer prognosis testRalf Kronenwett
Sividon Diagnostics GmbH, Nattermannallee 1, 50829, Cologne, Germany
BMC Cancer 12:456. 2012..The aim of this study was the analytical validation of the performance characteristics of the assay and its verification in a molecular-pathological routine laboratory...
- Evaluation of a hormone receptor-positive ovarian carcinoma subtype with a favourable prognosis by determination of progesterone receptor and oestrogen receptor 1 mRNA expression in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissueBruno V Sinn
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Histopathology 59:918-27. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine the prognostic role of progesterone receptor (PR) protein and mRNA expression...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C mRNA expression is a prognostic factor in epithelial ovarian cancer as detected by kinetic RT-PCR in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissueBruno V Sinn
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Virchows Arch 455:461-7. 2009..Our study demonstrates that high VEGF-C expression is associated with aggressive tumor behavior in ovarian cancer. mRNA extracted from paraffin-embedded tumor samples is suitable for VEGF-C gene expression studies...
- Estrogen receptor 1 mRNA is a prognostic factor in ovarian carcinoma: determination by kinetic PCR in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissueSilvia Darb-Esfahani
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:1229-39. 2009....
- Expression of classical NF-kappaB pathway effectors in human ovarian carcinomaSilvia Darb-Esfahani
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin
Histopathology 56:727-39. 2010..However, surprisingly little is known of the expression of effectors of the NF-kappaB pathway in human ovarian cancer in vivo...
- KRAS mutations in codon 12 or 13 are associated with worse prognosis in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaBruno V Sinn
From the Departments of Pathology, Hematology, Oncology and Tumor Immunology, and General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin and Department of Pathology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Pancreas 43:578-83. 2014..In addition, we attempted to define molecular subgroups with distinct biologic behavior by combination of KRAS sequencing data with p53 protein expression data...
- Cutoff Finder: a comprehensive and straightforward Web application enabling rapid biomarker cutoff optimizationJan Budczies
Institut fur Pathologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e51862. 2012..Cutoff Finder is expected to fill a relevant gap in the available biometric software repertoire and will enable faster optimization of new diagnostic biomarkers. The tool can be accessed at http://molpath.charite.de/cutoff...
- Does long-term survival in patients with pancreatic cancer really exist? Results from the CONKO-001 studyMarianne Sinn
Department of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
J Surg Oncol 108:398-402. 2013..The CONKO-001 study, which established gemcitabine after resection as adjuvant therapy, may provide data to answer this question...
- Interferon-stimulated gene, 15 kDa (ISG15) in ovarian high-grade serous carcinoma: prognostic impact and link to NF-κB pathwaySilvia Darb-Esfahani
Institute of Pathology S D E, B V S, M R, M D, C D Department of Gynecology J S, I B, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Int J Gynecol Pathol 33:16-22. 2014....
- High nuclear poly-(ADP-ribose)-polymerase expression is prognostic of improved survival in pancreatic cancerFrederick Klauschen
Institute of Pathology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Histopathology 61:409-16. 2012..In the pancreas, PARP expression has so far only been studied in inflammatory conditions. Therefore, in this study, we investigated the relevance of PARP in pancreatic cancer...
- Integration of metabolomics and expression of glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase (GPAM) in breast cancer-link to patient survival, hormone receptor status, and metabolic profilingScarlet F Brockmöller
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Proteome Res 11:850-60. 2012....