Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Hydroxyproline-containing collagen analogs trigger the release and activation of collagen-sequestered proMMP-2 by competition with prodomain-derived peptide P33-42Martin Ruehl
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
Fibrogenesis Tissue Repair 4:1. 2011..abstract:..
- (+)-Episesamin inhibits adipogenesis and exerts anti-inflammatory effects in 3T3-L1 (pre)adipocytes by sustained Wnt signaling, down-regulation of PPARγ and induction of iNOSChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 24:550-5. 2013..In conclusion, (+)-episesamin seems to be the active drug in the L. obtusiloba extract being responsible for the inhibition of adipogenesis and, thus, should be evaluated as a novel potential complementary treatment for obesity...
- The alpha 2 chain of collagen type VI sequesters latent proforms of matrix-metalloproteinases and modulates their activation and activityChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Matrix Biol 28:480-9. 2009..Therefore, CVI and especially its alpha2(VI) chain might serve as a lead structure for MMP-based therapeutics which modulates the action of these matrix components, e.g. in fibrosis and cancer...
- A hepatoprotective Lindera obtusiloba extract suppresses growth and attenuates insulin like growth factor-1 receptor signaling and NF-kappaB activity in human liver cancer cell linesChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin, Germany
BMC Complement Altern Med 11:39. 2011..obtusiloba extract in hepatic stellate cells. Thus, we here consequently examine anti-neoplastic effects of L.obtusiloba extract on human hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cell lines and the signaling pathways involved...
- (+)-Episesamin exerts anti-neoplastic effects in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines via suppression of nuclear factor-kappa B and inhibition of MMP-9Christian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203, Berlin, Germany
Invest New Drugs 30:2087-95. 2012..We conclude that (+)-episesamin has the potential to be further explored as a complementary treatment for HCC...
- The elongated first fibronectin type III domain of collagen XIV is an inducer of quiescence and differentiation in fibroblasts and preadipocytesMartin Ruehl
Department of Gastroenterology, Charite Campus, Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:38537-43. 2005..Based on these finding the development of small molecular analogs that modulate fibroblast cell growth and differentiation, e.g. in wound healing and fibrosis, seems feasible...
- An active extract of Lindera obtusiloba inhibits adipogenesis via sustained Wnt signaling and exerts anti-inflammatory effects in the 3T3-L1 preadipocytesChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 21:1170-7. 2010..In conclusion, extracts of L. obtusiloba should be evaluated as a potential complementary treatment option for obesity associated with the metabolic syndrome...
- The inhibitor of Ca(2+)-dependent K+ channels TRAM-34 blocks growth of hepatocellular carcinoma cells via downregulation of estrogen receptor alpha mRNA and nuclear factor-kappaBChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203 Berlin, Germany
Invest New Drugs 31:452-7. 2013..Therefore, TRAM-34 might represent a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of HCC...
- The epithelial mitogen keratinocyte growth factor binds to collagens via the consensus sequence glycine-proline-hydroxyprolineMartin Ruehl
Department of Medicine I, Klinikum Benjamin Franklin, Free University of Berlin, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:26872-8. 2002..The defined collagenous consensus peptide or its analogue may be useful in wound healing by increasing KGF bioactivity and thus modulating local epithelial remodeling and regeneration...
- Relationship between the interleukin-28b gene polymorphism and the histological severity of hepatitis C virus-induced graft inflammation and the response to antiviral therapy after liver transplantationDennis Eurich
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplant Surgery, Charite, Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Liver Transpl 17:289-98. 2011..G-allele might serve as a marker for graft inflammation and as a predictor for unfavorable antiviral therapy outcome in HCV-re-infected LT-population...