Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Autologous stem-cell transplantation in refractory autoimmune diseases after in vivo immunoablation and ex vivo depletion of mononuclear cellsO Rosen
Department of Oncology Haematology, University Hospital Charité Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Res 2:327-36. 2000..Remissions persisted after reconstitution of the immune system. In the treatment of advanced systemic sclerosis (SSc), stable disease may be achieved with autologous SCT...
- A pilot study of prophylactic donor lymphocyte infusions to prevent relapse in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemias after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationC Lutz
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:805-12. 2008..As the accompanying GVHD rate was considerable, careful selection of patients for prophylactic DLIs is mandatory...
- Cardiac death after autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT) for treatment of systemic sclerosis (SSc): no evidence for cyclophosphamide-induced cardiomyopathyO Rosen
Department of Oncology/Haematology, , Berlin, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:657-8. 2001..We conclude that in selected patients with SSc, biopsies should be performed to reduce mortality after ASCT...
- Survival after reduced-intensity conditioning is not inferior to standard high-dose conditioning before allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation in acute leukaemiasG Massenkeil
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 36:683-9. 2005..In retrospective analysis, patients with acute leukaemias who receive RIC because of contraindications against standard SCT have a comparable outcome to standard SCT, but the higher relapse rate warrants further studies...
- Loss of bone mass and vitamin D deficiency after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: standard prophylactic measures fail to prevent osteoporosisG Massenkeil
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinic for Nuclear Medicine and Institute of Radiology, , Berlin, Germany
Leukemia 15:1701-5. 2001..Standard prophylactic measures are not sufficient to prevent loss of bone mass. Studies on prophylactic interventions are needed to prevent severe osteoporosis in long-term survivors of SCT...
- Basiliximab is well tolerated and effective in the treatment of steroid-refractory acute graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantationG Massenkeil
Dept of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:899-903. 2002..This is the first report on the safety of basiliximab in patients with steroid-refractory acute GVHD. Our data suggest that basiliximab is effective in a substantial proportion of these patients...
- Pegylated asparaginase in combination with high-dose methotrexate for consolidation in adult acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in first remission: a pilot studyO Rosen
Department of Haematology Oncology, Charite Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Br J Haematol 123:836-41. 2003..PEG-ASP was well tolerated. Despite the long half-life of PEG-ASP, neither pancreatic nor central nervous toxicities occurred among the 26 adult patients treated in this pilot study...