Affiliation: Humboldt University
- [Comorbidity in patients with narcissistic personality disorder in comparison to patients with borderline personality disorder]Kathrin Ritter
Campus Benjamin Franklin, Klinik und Hochschulambulanz für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 60:14-24. 2010..Until now there is no actual data about rates of co-occurrence disorders and general symptom stress...
- Lack of empathy in patients with narcissistic personality disorderKathrin Ritter
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Psychiatry, Berlin, Germany
Psychiatry Res 187:241-7. 2011..The study's conclusions were that while NPD involves deficits in emotional empathy, cognitive empathy seems grossly unaffected...
- The Narcissistic Personality Inventory: a useful tool for assessing pathological narcissism? Evidence from patients with Narcissistic Personality DisorderAline Vater
Cluster of Excellence Languages of Emotion, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Pers Assess 95:301-8. 2013..Our results indicate that the NPI is not a valid indicator of NPD, unless one controls for self-esteem. Implications for future research are discussed...
- Gender differences in a clinical sample of patients with borderline personality disorderAnke Banzhaf
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Pers Disord 26:368-80. 2012..Our results argue for gender differences in Axis I and II comorbidity and dimensional personality traits in BPD. However, in general, more similarities than differences were shown in this study...
- When grandiosity and vulnerability collide: Implicit and explicit self-esteem in patients with narcissistic personality disorderAline Vater
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 44:37-47. 2013..Conversely, based on social learning theories (i.e., Millon, 1981), people with NPD are characterized by implicit grandiosity (high implicit self-esteem). We test these competing hypotheses in patients diagnosed with NPD...
- Social Cognition in Borderline Personality Disorder: Evidence for Disturbed Recognition of the Emotions, Thoughts, and Intentions of othersSandra Preißler
Department of Psychiatry, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charité University Medicine Berlin Berlin, Germany
Front Behav Neurosci 4:182. 2010..Thus, our results suggest impaired social cognitive abilities in BPD. Especially for comorbid PTSD, intrusive symptoms, and history of sexual trauma predicted poor outcomes on social cognition tasks...
- [Narcissism--variable of personality and personality disorder]Kathrin Ritter
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 57:53-60. 2007..This review provides information about the current state of knowledge concerning narcissism...