Affiliation: Humboldt University
- [Comorbidity in patients with narcissistic personality disorder in comparison to patients with borderline personality disorder]Kathrin Ritter
Campus Benjamin Franklin, Klinik und Hochschulambulanz für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 60:14-24. 2010..Until now there is no actual data about rates of co-occurrence disorders and general symptom stress...
- Lack of empathy in patients with narcissistic personality disorderKathrin Ritter
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Department of Psychiatry, Berlin, Germany
Psychiatry Res 187:241-7. 2011..The study's conclusions were that while NPD involves deficits in emotional empathy, cognitive empathy seems grossly unaffected...
- The Narcissistic Personality Inventory: a useful tool for assessing pathological narcissism? Evidence from patients with Narcissistic Personality DisorderAline Vater
Cluster of Excellence Languages of Emotion, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Pers Assess 95:301-8. 2013..Our results indicate that the NPI is not a valid indicator of NPD, unless one controls for self-esteem. Implications for future research are discussed...
- Shame in patients with narcissistic personality disorderKathrin Ritter
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany Department of Educational Science and Psychology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany Electronic address
Psychiatry Res 215:429-37. 2014..Our findings indicate that shame is a prominent feature of NPD. Implications for diagnosis and treatment are discussed. ..
- Gender differences in a clinical sample of patients with borderline personality disorderAnke Banzhaf
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Pers Disord 26:368-80. 2012..Our results argue for gender differences in Axis I and II comorbidity and dimensional personality traits in BPD. However, in general, more similarities than differences were shown in this study...
- When grandiosity and vulnerability collide: Implicit and explicit self-esteem in patients with narcissistic personality disorderAline Vater
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 44:37-47. 2013..Conversely, based on social learning theories (i.e., Millon, 1981), people with NPD are characterized by implicit grandiosity (high implicit self-esteem). We test these competing hypotheses in patients diagnosed with NPD...
- Social Cognition in Borderline Personality Disorder: Evidence for Disturbed Recognition of the Emotions, Thoughts, and Intentions of othersSandra Preißler
Department of Psychiatry, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charité University Medicine Berlin Berlin, Germany
Front Behav Neurosci 4:182. 2010..Thus, our results suggest impaired social cognitive abilities in BPD. Especially for comorbid PTSD, intrusive symptoms, and history of sexual trauma predicted poor outcomes on social cognition tasks...
- [Narcissism--variable of personality and personality disorder]Kathrin Ritter
Klinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin
Psychother Psychosom Med Psychol 57:53-60. 2007..This review provides information about the current state of knowledge concerning narcissism...