F M Reischies
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Electrophysiological and neuropsychological analysis of a delirious state: the role of the anterior cingulate gyrusFriedel M Reischies
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Eschenallee 3, 14050 Berlin, Germany
Psychiatry Res 138:171-81. 2005..This dysfunction of the ACC was shown for the first time in patients during a delirious state and may represent an important pathophysiological aspect of delirium...
- [Mild cognitive impairment in old age. Diagnostics and prognostic significance]F M Reischies
Arbeitsgruppe Neuropsychologie und experimentelle Psychopathologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 82:1483-95. 2011..For this reason we should aim for the clinical detection of dementia disorders in the stage of mild cognitive impairment. This will lead to research on how to slow or even halt the progression of prodromal dementia...
- Delirium in general hospital inpatients: German developmentsF M Reischies
, Charit, , Deutschland
Adv Psychosom Med 26:128-36. 2004
- A randomised, controlled study on the effects of a short-term endurance training programme in patients with major depressionK Knubben
Section of Sports Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Br J Sports Med 41:29-33. 2007..To evaluate the short-term effects of exercise in patients with major depression...
- Time-related cognitive deficiency in four different types of depressionP Neu
Department of Psychiatry, Freie Universitat Berlin, Eschenallee 3, 14050, Berlin, Germany
Psychiatry Res 103:237-47. 2001..The results indicate that cognitive deficits might persist longer than the period of illness, but this seems to be true for all depressive sub-diagnoses...
- [The "Lector"--a testing method to determine verbal educational level]F M Reischies
Klinik und Hochschulambulanz für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Arbeitsgruppe Neuropsychiatrie und psychiatrische Neuropsychologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Eschenallee, Berlin
Nervenarzt 76:849-50, 852-5. 2005..On the basis of the data presented, the Lector Test can be used as a control variable in research with groups as well as in neuropsychological diagnostics...
- Effect of aging on stimulus-reward association learningT Mell
Department of Neurology, Berlin NeuroImaging Center, Charite, Campus Mitte, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Neuropsychologia 43:554-63. 2005..In human aging, structural alterations of reward detecting structures and functional changes of the dopaminergic as well as the serotonergic system might contribute to the deficit in reward association learning observed in this study...
- Reward-based decision-making and agingA Marschner
Berlin NeuroImaging Center, Charite, Campus Mitte, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Brain Res Bull 67:382-90. 2005..Implications for neuroeconomics and neurodegenerative diseases are discussed...
- Interictal slow-wave focus in left medial temporal lobe during bilateral electroconvulsive therapyAndres H Neuhaus
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 52:183-9. 2005..It will further be discussed whether it is possible to obtain information about activity of deep brain structures like the hippocampal formation from scalp-recorded signals...
- Complex mental and physical activity in older women and cognitive performance: a 6-month randomized controlled trialVerena Klusmann
Department of Psychiatry, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin CBF, Eschenallee 3, D 14050 Berlin, Germany
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:680-8. 2010..However, the differential effects of complex mental and physical activities on cognitive performance in humans remain to be clarified...
- Pineal calcification in Alzheimer's disease: an in vivo study using computed tomographyRichard Mahlberg
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite Campus Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Turmstrasse 21, D 10559 Berlin, Germany
Neurobiol Aging 29:203-9. 2008..On the other hand, the relative reduction in melatonin production capability in the individual, as indicated by DOC, refers to the circadian properties of melatonin...
- Biomarker validation of a cued recall memory deficit in prodromal Alzheimer diseaseM Wagner
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Neurology 78:379-86. 2012..To compare cued recall measures with other memory and nonmemory tests regarding their association with a biomarker profile indicative of Alzheimer disease (AD) in CSF among patients with mild cognitive impairment (MCI)...
- Negative symptoms of schizophrenia are improved by the addition of paroxetine to neuroleptics: a double-blind placebo-controlled studyM C Jockers-Scherübl
Department of Psychiatry, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:27-31. 2005..53; 95% confidence interval -9.054 to -0.015). The mean HAM-D scores remained almost constant. The study suggests the efficacy of paroxetine with respect to the treatment of negative symptoms in chronic schizophrenia...
- [Early diagnosis of dementia]F M Reischies
Arbeitsgruppe Neuropsychiatrie und Neuropsychologie, Psychiatrische Universitatsklinik, Freie Universitat Berlin, Eschenallee 3, D 14050 Berlin, Deutschland
Wien Med Wochenschr 152:66-71. 2002..An improvement of the early diagnosis by prospective longitudinal investigations of the cases seems to be possible in the future...
- Depression in middle-aged and older first generation migrants in Europe: results from the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE)M C Aichberger
Psychiatric Outpatient Clinic, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, St Hedwig Hospital, Charite, University Medicine, Große Hamburger Straße 5 11, Berlin, Germany
Eur Psychiatry 25:468-75. 2010..To determine the prevalence of depression in migrants aged 50 years or older in comparison to residents without a history of migration in 11 European countries...
- Effects of supraphysiological doses of L-thyroxine on cognitive function in healthy individualsChristopher Baethge
Department of Psychiatry, Klinikum Benjamin Franklin, , Eschenallee 3, 14050 Berlin, Germany
Psychiatry Res 110:117-23. 2002..The results of this study do not support our working hypothesis that thyroid hormone can change cognitive performance in young, euthyroid, healthy individuals...
- Attention and executive control predict Alzheimer disease in late life: results from the Berlin Aging Study (BASE)Michael A Rapp
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Pl, Box 1240, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:134-41. 2005..Following theoretical models of neuropsychological processes before AD onset, the authors examined the predictive value of attention and executive function in the preclinical phase of AD in old age...
- Role of ventral striatum in reward-based decision makingHauke R Heekeren
Berlin NeuroImaging Center and Neuroscience Research Center, Charite Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Neuroreport 18:951-5. 2007....
- Brain mechanisms of visual encoding and working memory in psychometrically identified schizotypal individuals and after acute administration of haloperidolBruno Kopp
Department of Psychology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Psychophysiology 39:459-72. 2002..These neurocognitive effects of schizotypy and stress seem to be mediated by the D2 family of dopamine receptors...
- Initial lithium and valproate combination therapy in acute maniaFriedel M Reischies
Department of Psychiatry, Freie Universitat Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Neuropsychobiology 46:22-7. 2002..6 mg chlorpromazine equivalents to 3,927.6 mg (p < 0.025). The initial valproate-lithium combination therapy seems to be a safe and effective way to treat severe mania syndromes in the clinic...