Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Dynamic stabilization adjacent to single-level fusion: part II. No clinical benefit for asymptomatic, initially degenerated adjacent segments after 6 years follow-upMichael Putzier
Clinic for Orthopaedics, Center for Musculoskeletal Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur Spine J 19:2181-9. 2010..The lower number of PASD with dynamic fixation was accompanied by a high number of implant failures and a shift of PASD to the superior segment...
- Allogenic versus autologous cancellous bone in lumbar segmental spondylodesis: a randomized prospective studyMichael Putzier
Klinik für Orthopädie, Centrum für Muskuloskeletale Chirurgie, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Eur Spine J 18:687-95. 2009..The results demonstrated an equivalent clinical outcome, as well as similar fusion rates following a 12-month period. This is in despite of a delayed consolidation process...
- [Application of a dynamic pedicle screw system (DYNESYS) for lumbar segmental degenerations - comparison of clinical and radiological results for different indications]M Putzier
Orthopädische Universitätsklinik und Poliklinik, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 142:166-73. 2004..Evaluation of the efficacy of a dynamic stabilizing system for different indications using medium-term clinical and radiological parameters...
- Periosteal cells compared with autologous cancellous bone in lumbar segmental fusionMichael Putzier
Clinic for Orthopedics, Center for Musculoskeletal Surgery, University Medicine of the Humboldt University Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
J Neurosurg Spine 8:536-43. 2008..There is also considerable donor site morbidity. Therefore, there is a definite need for material that has a larger measure of osteoinductivity, osteoconductivity, and osteogenic potential...
- The surgical treatment of the lumbar disc prolapse: nucleotomy with additional transpedicular dynamic stabilization versus nucleotomy aloneMichael Putzier
Department of Orthopaedics, Center for Muskuloskeletal Surgery, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:E109-14. 2005..Clinical and radiologic study evaluating the outcome after nucleotomy with dynamic stabilization compared with nucleotomy alone...
- Charité total disc replacement--clinical and radiographical results after an average follow-up of 17 yearsMichael Putzier
Center for Musculoskeletal Surgery, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur Spine J 15:183-95. 2006..TDR, nowadays, is an approved procedure. Proof that long-term results of TDR implantation in DDD are at least as good as fusion results is still missing...
- MR-guided discography using an open 1 Tesla MRI systemFlorian Streitparth
Department of Radiology, Charite, Humboldt University Medical School, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 21:1043-9. 2011..To evaluate the feasibility of MR-guided discography using an open 1 Tesla MRI system...
- [Use of peridural catheters in the treatment of postoperative pain after spinal instrumentated fusion--an experience report]K Eilers
Klinik f Orthopädie der Universitätsklinik Charité Berlin, Germany
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 140:621-5. 2002..Intraoperatively an epidural catheter was placed by the orthopedic surgeons for postoperative pain control...
- [Secondary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy in colitis ulcerosa--a case demonstration]S W Tohtz
Zentrum für Muskuloskeletale Chirurgie der Charité, Humboldt Universitat Berlin
Z Orthop Ihre Grenzgeb 142:486-8. 2004..We report the case of a patient suffering from ulcerative colitis with secondary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy. We describe the pathological findings and present a model of the pathogenesis in the Strümpell-Pierre-Marie-Bamberger syndrome...
- Mechanical concepts for disc regenerationKlaus John Schnake
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Spine Center, Center for Musculosceletal Surgery, Berlin, Germany
Eur Spine J 15:S354-60. 2006..However, there is no evidence that those implants will lead to disc regeneration. Future treatment concepts should combine intradiscal cell based therapy together with dynamic restoration of the affected spinal segment...
- Primary leptomeningeal melanomaFrank Schneider
Department of Orthopaedics, Charite University Hospital, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:E545-7. 2002..A retrospective review of a case of primary leptomeningeal melanoma...
- Inter- and intraobserver variability in the postoperative evaluation of transpedicular stabilization: computed tomography versus magnetic resonance imagingStephan W Tohtz
Department of Orthopedics, Charite Universitaetsmedizin, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Spine J 10:285-90. 2010..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) has not challenged the CT, yet, because of susceptibility artifacts but would be favorable as a diagnostic tool for its excellent soft-tissue qualities...
- Postoperative epidural anesthesia preserves lymphocyte, but not monocyte, immune function after major spine surgeryThomas Volk
Departments of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University Hospital Charite, Campus Mitte, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Anesth Analg 98:1086-92, table of contents. 2004..An improvement of postoperative immune function by epidural analgesia therefore may improve postoperative resistance to infectious complications or to chronic pain states...
- A new device to control mechanical environment in bone defect healing in ratsPatrick Strube
Center for Musculoskeletal Surgery Berlin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Clinic for Orthopedics, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Biomech 41:2696-702. 2008..The overall-complication rate was 5.2%. In conclusion, we were able to establish a small animal model for bone defect healing which allows modeling the mechanical conditions at the defect site in a defined manner...
- Higher risk of adjacent segment degeneration after floating fusions: long-term outcome after low lumbar spine fusionsAlexander Carl Disch
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Center for Musculoskeletal Surgery, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
J Spinal Disord Tech 21:79-85. 2008..We report the long-term outcome after mono-segmental and bisegmental fusions at the lumbar L4-S1 region of the spine...
- Postoperative analgesia after major spine surgery: patient-controlled epidural analgesia versus patient-controlled intravenous analgesiaMichael R Schenk
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, , 10117 Berlin, Germany
Anesth Analg 103:1311-7. 2006..01). CONCLUSION: We conclude that PCEA with ropivacaine and sufentanil, using intraoperatively placed epidural catheters, provides superior analgesia and higher patient satisfaction when compared with PCIA after spinal fusion surgery...
- Percutaneous discography: comparison of low-dose CT, fluoroscopy and MRI in the diagnosis of lumbar disc disruptionClaudia Kluner
Radiology, Charite, Schumannstr 21, Campus Mitte, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Eur Spine J 15:620-6. 2006..To compare the diagnostic accuracy of low-dose computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and fluoroscopy in percutaneous discography in patients scheduled for lumbar spondylodesis...
- [Monosegmental anterior lumbar interbody fusion with the SynFix-LR™ device. A prospective 2-year follow-up study]E Hoff
Centrum für Muskuloskeletale Chirurgie, Klinik für Orthopädie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin
Orthopade 39:1044-50. 2010..With anterior lumbar interbody fusion (ALIF) alone, the morbidity associated with a posterior approach can be avoided. In this study we evaluated the use of a PEEK cage with an integrated angle-stable locking plate (SynFix-LR™)...
- Treatment of traumatic cervical spine instability with interbody fusion cages: a prospective controlled study with a 2-year follow-upFrank Kandziora
, , Campus Virchow-Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Injury 36:B27-35. 2005....
- Posterior stabilization of subaxial cervical spine trauma: indications and techniquesFrank Kandziora
Spinal Cord Injury Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, 66160, USA
Injury 36:B36-43. 2005..We also report a recent retrospective review of 5-year data in treating posterior cervical trauma with lateral mass and pedicle screw fixation...