Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- The SCIentinel study--prospective multicenter study to define the spinal cord injury-induced immune depression syndrome (SCI-IDS)--study protocol and interim feasibility dataMarcel A Kopp
Department of Neurology and Experimental Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
BMC Neurol 13:168. 2013....
- Tension pneumocephalus with diplegia and deterioration of consciousnessHarald Prüss
Departments of Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Case Rep Neurol 3:48-9. 2011..Surgical revision of a dural air leak resulted in rapid improvement and full clinical resolution. Early diagnosis of tension pneumocephalus and emergent surgical treatment are crucial to prevent life-threatening deterioration...
- N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antibodies in herpes simplex encephalitisHarald Prüss
Department of Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, Germany
Ann Neurol 72:902-11. 2012..To determine the presence and kinetics of antibodies against synaptic proteins in patients with herpes simplex virus encephalitis (HSE)...
- Evidence of intrathecal immunoglobulin synthesis in stroke: a cohort studyHarald Prüss
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Arch Neurol 69:714-7. 2012..Immune mechanisms are included in stroke pathophysiologic factors, but the frequency and role of intrathecal antibodies is unclear and diagnostic tests are not routinely performed on cerebrospinal fluid (CSF)...
- IgA NMDA receptor antibodies are markers of synaptic immunity in slow cognitive impairmentH Pruss
Department of Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin
Neurology 78:1743-53. 2012..To report that antibodies to synaptic proteins may occur in association with slow, progressive cognitive decline...
- Paroxysmal vertigo as the presenting symptom of Fabry diseaseH Pruss
Department of Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Neurology 66:249. 2006
- Non-resolving aspects of acute inflammation after spinal cord injury (SCI): indices and resolution plateauHarald Prüss
Department of Neurology and Experimental Neurology, Spinal Cord Injury Research, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Brain Pathol 21:652-60. 2011....
- Potassium channel expression in adult murine neural progenitor cellsH Pruss
Department of Neuropsychiatry and Laboratory of Molecular Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, D 10117 Berlin
Neuroscience 180:19-29. 2011..The expression of some K+ channel proteins, such as Kir4.1, Kir6.1, TREK1 or TASK1, suggests a role of K+ channels in the complex regulation of NPC proliferation, maturation and differentiation...
- Retrospective analysis of NMDA receptor antibodies in encephalitis of unknown originH Pruss
Charite University Medicine Berlin, Department of Neurology, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Neurology 75:1735-9. 2010..Anti-NMDA-receptor (NMDAR) encephalitis is a severe disorder that occurs in association with antibodies to the NR1 subunit of the NMDAR and results in a characteristic syndrome...
- A patient with cerebral Whipple disease with gastric involvement but no gastrointestinal symptoms: a consequence of local protective immunity?Harald Prüss
Department of Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 78:896-8. 2007....
- Immunocytochemical localization of TASK-3 (K(2P)9.1) channels in monoaminergic and cholinergic neuronsChristiane Marinc
Institut für Integrative Neuroanatomie, Centrum für Anatomie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:323-35. 2011..All immunocytochemical results were supported by in situ hybridization using TASK-3 specific riboprobes...
- Anti-Ca/anti-ARHGAP26 antibodies associated with cerebellar atrophy and cognitive declineSarah Doss
Department of Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany Electronic address
J Neuroimmunol 267:102-4. 2014..This case further corroborates the association of anti-Ca antibodies with cerebellar ataxia, expands the clinical spectrum, and highlights the necessity of antigen-specific diagnostic testing in immune-mediated cerebellar ataxia. ..
- Functional and structural brain changes in anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor encephalitisCarsten Finke
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany Berlin Center for Advanced Neuroimaging, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Ann Neurol 74:284-96. 2013..In contrast, standard clinical magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) remains normal in the majority of patients. Here, we investigated structural and functional brain changes in a cohort of patients with anti-NMDAR encephalitis...
- Age-dependent axonal expression of potassium channel proteins during development in mouse hippocampusHarald Prüss
Institute for Integrative Neuroanatomy, Charite University Medicine, Berlin, Philippstr 12, 10115, Berlin, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 133:301-12. 2010..Thus, age-dependent axonal sorting of the potassium channel proteins offers a new approach to functionally distinguish classes of hippocampal neurons and may extend our understanding of hippocampal circuitry and memory processing...
- Cognitive deficits following anti-NMDA receptor encephalitisCarsten Finke
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 83:195-8. 2012..Although the clinical features of the acute disease are well characterised, cognitive long-term outcome has not been examined in detail...
- Spinal cord injury induces differential expression of the profibrotic semaphorin 7A in the developing and mature glial scarMarcel A Kopp
Department of Neurology and Experimental Neurology, Spinal Cord Injury Research, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, Berlin, Germany
Glia 58:1748-56. 2010..In addition, Sema7A appears to be marker a for astrocyte activation...
- BKbeta1 subunits contribute to BK channel diversity in rat hypothalamic neuronsMikhail Salzmann
Institut für Integrative Neuroanatomie, Centrum für Anatomie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Philippstr 12, 10115, Berlin, Germany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 30:967-76. 2010..Immunostaining was predominantly localized to somata. In addition, pericytes and ependymal epithelial cells showed BKbeta1 labelling. In all cases immunocytochemical results were supported by in situ hybridization...
- Expression of the voltage- and Ca2+-dependent BK potassium channel subunits BKβ1 and BKβ4 in rodent astrocytesKatharina N Seidel
Institute for Integrative Neuroanatomy, Charite University Medicine Berlin, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Glia 59:893-902. 2011..Thus, BKβ4 expression in astrocytes likely participates in regulating astrocytic voltage gradients and maintaining K(+) homeostasis, hence enabling astrocytes to fulfill their complex regulatory influence on proper brain function...
- Anti-NMDAR encephalitis mimicking HaNDL syndromeCarsten Finke
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Cephalalgia 34:1012-4. 2014..Here, we report on a patient with anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis with a clinical phenotype mimicking the syndrome of headache with neurological deficits and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) lymphocytosis (HaNDL)...
- Severe cognitive impairment associated with intrathecal antibodies to the NR1 subunit of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor in a patient with multiple sclerosisRobert Fleischmann
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
JAMA Neurol 72:96-9. 2015..Some patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) can either present with or develop severe cognitive impairment during the course of their disease. However, the mechanisms underlying severe cognitive dysfunction in MS are not well understood...
- Seroprevalence of anti-N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antibodies in women with ovarian teratomaMandy Mangler
Department of Gynecology, Chariteplatz 1, Charite Campus Mitte, 10117, Berlin, Germany
J Neurol 260:2831-5. 2013..Our data support the current clinical practice that a systematic screening for anti-NMDA-R antibodies in teratoma patients is not indicated...
- Proresolution lipid mediators in multiple sclerosis - differential, disease severity-dependent synthesis - a clinical pilot trialHarald Prüss
Department of Neurology and Experimental Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e55859. 2013..Among them are long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA)-derived lipid mediators, which promote the resolution of inflammation, an active process for returning to tissue homeostasis...
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: syndrome, diagnostics and treatmentEberhard Siebert
Department of Neuroradiology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Nat Rev Neurol 5:392-403. 2009..In this Review, we briefly survey the underlying pathophysiology and clinical appearance of LSS, and explore the available diagnostic and therapeutic options, with particular emphasis on neuroradiological findings and outcome predictors...
- Expression of Kir3.3 potassium channel subunits in supraependymal axonsHarald Prüss
Institut für Integrative Neuroanatomie, Centrum für Anatomie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Philippstr 12, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Neurosci Lett 445:89-93. 2008..1 and Kir6.2. Thus, Kir3.3 containing potassium channels may be of functional importance in autoregulation and excitability of supraependymal fibres and the complex serotonergic regulation along the parenchyma/CSF border...
- Comment: infection antedating autoimmunity-- shared mechanisms in the brain?Harald Prüss
From Charité University Medicine Berlin and German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases DZNE, Berlin, Germany
Neurology 81:1639. 2013..The present study describes the case of a patient with HSV encephalitis (HSVE) who develops a second episode of neurologic abnormalities, which is in fact NMDAR encephalitis.(1.) ..