Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Individual differences in moral judgment competence influence neural correlates of socio-normative judgmentsKristin Prehn
Department of Neurology, Neuroscience Research Center, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 3:33-46. 2008..These data support current models of the neurocognition of morality according to which both emotional and cognitive components play an important role...
- Insular activity during passive viewing of aversive stimuli reflects individual differences in state negative affectKatja Mériau
Berlin NeuroImaging Center, Neuroscience Research Center and Department of Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Brain Cogn 69:73-80. 2009..Greater recruitment of the insula in response to aversive relative to neutral stimuli in subjects with high state negative affect may represent increased processing of salient aversive stimuli...
- A neural network reflecting individual differences in cognitive processing of emotions during perceptual decision makingKatja Mériau
Berlin NeuroImaging Center, Department of Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Neuroimage 33:1016-27. 2006..Thus, we provide neurophysiological evidence for a theoretical model that posits that a discommunication between limbic areas and the neocortex impairs cognitive processing of emotions...
- Neuroticism influences pupillary responses during an emotional interference taskKristin Prehn
Neuroscience Research Center, Berlin NeuroImaging Center and Department of Neurology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Int J Psychophysiol 70:40-9. 2008....
- Influence of bodily harm on neural correlates of semantic and moral decision-makingHauke R Heekeren
Berlin NeuroImaging Center, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Neuroimage 24:887-97. 2005....
- Sociotopy in the temporoparietal cortex: common versus distinct processesMarkus Bahnemann
Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Lentzeallee 94, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 5:48-58. 2010....
- Effects of empathic paraphrasing - extrinsic emotion regulation in social conflictMaria Seehausen
Cluster of Excellence Languages of Emotion, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany Dahlem Institute for Neuroimaging of Emotion, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany Department of Psychiatry, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin Berlin, Germany
Front Psychol 3:482. 2012..A possible explanation for these results is that being treated in an empathic manner may stimulate a more intense emotion processing helping to transform and resolve the conflict...
- Positively biased processing of self-relevant social feedbackChristoph W Korn
Department of Education and Psychology, Freie Universitat Berlin, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Neurosci 32:16832-44. 2012..Thus, theories on both reward and mentalizing are important for a better understanding of how social information is integrated into the human self-concept...