Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Pleyer U, KlauÃŸ V, Wilking H, Nentwich M. [Tropical ophthalmology : Intraocular inflammation caused by "new" infectious pathogens and travel-related infections]. Ophthalmologe. 2016;113:35-46 pubmed publisher..Here, we focus on Chikungunya, Dengue fever, Ebola fever, the West Nile virus and Rickettsioses, which frequently demonstrate ocular involvement. ..
- Pleyer U, Pohlmann D, Stubiger N. [Treatment of posterior noninfectious uveitis : Current situation and future developments]. Ophthalmologe. 2016;113:380-90 pubmed publisher..This article outlines recent advances and future therapeutic options for the treatment of posterior segment noninfectious uveitis. ..
- ..The prognosis of the disease can be regarded as favourable and depends essentially on the secondary changes. ..
- Pohlmann D, Vom Brocke G, Winterhalter S, Steurer T, Thees S, Pleyer U. Dexamethasone Inserts in Noninfectious Uveitis: A Single-Center Experience. Ophthalmology. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Underlying diseases and concomitant systemic therapy seem to have an impact on overall treatment benefit. Ocular complications were reversible and were managed by local treatment, with exception of cataract formation. ..
- Pleyer U, Schlickeiser S. The taming of the shrew? The immunology of corneal transplantation. Acta Ophthalmol. 2009;87:488-97 pubmed publisher..This review gives an update on corneal immunobiology and the mechanisms of corneal graft rejection, focusing on antigen presentation, as well as on the molecular and cellular mediators of this particular immune response. ..
- Pleyer U, Pohlmann D. [Anatomy and immunology of the eye]. Z Rheumatol. 2017;76:656-663 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this article is to highlight the specific features of the eye and to establish a reference to frequent ocular manifestations in rheumatic diseases. ..
- Pleyer U, Priem S, Bergmann L, Burmester G, Hartmann C, Krause A. Detection of Borrelia burgdorferi DNA in urine of patients with ocular Lyme borreliosis. Br J Ophthalmol. 2001;85:552-5 pubmed..To evaluate the diagnostic value of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to detect Borrelia burgdorferi DNA in patients with ocular Lyme borreliosis...
- Pleyer U, Winterhalter S. [Diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of herpes virus associated uveitis]. Klin Monbl Augenheilkd. 2010;227:407-12 pubmed publisher..This review is intended to provide an overview on the diagnosis and differential diagnosis of this important disorder...
- Werner R, Steinhorst N, Nast A, Pleyer U. [Diagnostics and management of herpes zoster ophthalmicus]. Ophthalmologe. 2017;114:959-972 pubmed publisher..The present article provides an overview of the contents of the current consensus-based European guidelines on the management of HZ with a specific focus on HZO. ..
- Schroder K, Finis D, Meller S, Wagenmann M, Geerling G, Pleyer U. [Seasonal allergic conjunctivitis]. Ophthalmologe. 2017;114:1053-1065 pubmed publisher..Dually effective local therapeutics combine the advantages of rapid action with a relatively long-lasting effect by a two-fold active approach. Specific immunotherapy is useful in selected patients. ..
- Gundlach E, Temmesfeld Wollbruck B, Pleyer U. [Ocular sarcoidosis : Diagnosis and therapy]. Ophthalmologe. 2017;114:865-876 pubmed publisher..Finally, a good cooperation between ophthalmologists and internal physicians results in a mostly good prognosis. ..