Affiliation: Humboldt University
- The association between rheumatoid arthritis and periodontal diseaseJacqueline Detert
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 12:218. 2010....
- Obesity, inflammation, and periodontal diseaseN Pischon
Dept of Periodontology, Charite University Medical Center, Campus Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Dent Res 86:400-9. 2007..Our aim is to raise the periodontist's awareness when treating obese individuals...
- Association among rheumatoid arthritis, oral hygiene, and periodontitisN Pischon
Department of Periodontology, Charite Medical Faculty Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin, Germany
J Periodontol 79:979-86. 2008..Further, it is unclear to what extent poor oral hygiene among patients with RA may account for this association...
- Effects of Porphyromonas gingivalis on cell cycle progression and apoptosis of primary human chondrocytesN Pischon
Department of Periodontology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Campus Virchow, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1902-7. 2009..It has been suggested that bacterial infections have a role in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). P gingivalis, a Gram-negative, anaerobic rod, is one of the major pathogens associated with periodontal disease...
- Periodontal disease in patients with ankylosing spondylitisN Pischon
Department of Periodontology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 69:34-8. 2010..AS has been related to other inflammatory diseases, however, there is a paucity of data on whether AS is associated with inflammatory PD...
- Lysyl oxidase (lox) gene deficiency affects osteoblastic phenotypeN Pischon
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, CharitÃ©Centrum 3, University School of Dental Medicine, CharitÃ© UniversitÃ¤tsmedizin Berlin, 14197 Berlin, Germany
Calcif Tissue Int 85:119-26. 2009..However, mineral nodule formation and osteoblastic differentiation were markedly decreased, as revealed by significant downregulation of osteoblastic markers, type I collagen, bone sialoprotein, and Runx2/Cbfa1...
- Induced apoptosis of chondrocytes by Porphyromonas gingivalis as a possible pathway for cartilage loss in rheumatoid arthritisE Rohner
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Calcif Tissue Int 87:333-40. 2010..The data show that P. gingivalis promotes early and later stages of apoptosis of primary human chondrocytes, which might contribute to the joint damage seen in the pathogenesis of RA...
- [Pathogenesis of parodontitis in rheumatic diseases]J Detert
Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie und klinische Immunologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Deutschland
Z Rheumatol 69:109-12, 114-6. 2010..PD and rheumatologic diseases such as RA share many pathological aspects and immunological findings...
- Histomorphometry in antigen-induced arthritis of the rabbit temporomandibular jointS Rafayelyan
Department of Orthodontics, Dentofacial Orthopedics and Pedodontics, Center for Dental and Craniofacial Sciences, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Oral Pathol Med 44:67-74. 2015..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of a systemic administration of the tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) antagonist etanercept on AIA in rabbits by means of three different histological staining methods...