Affiliation: Humboldt University
- The association between rheumatoid arthritis and periodontal diseaseJacqueline Detert
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 12:218. 2010....
- Obesity, inflammation, and periodontal diseaseN Pischon
Dept of Periodontology, Charite University Medical Center, Campus Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Dent Res 86:400-9. 2007..Our aim is to raise the periodontist's awareness when treating obese individuals...
- Association among rheumatoid arthritis, oral hygiene, and periodontitisN Pischon
Department of Periodontology, Charite Medical Faculty Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin, Germany
J Periodontol 79:979-86. 2008..Further, it is unclear to what extent poor oral hygiene among patients with RA may account for this association...
- Effects of Porphyromonas gingivalis on cell cycle progression and apoptosis of primary human chondrocytesN Pischon
Department of Periodontology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Campus Virchow, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1902-7. 2009..It has been suggested that bacterial infections have a role in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). P gingivalis, a Gram-negative, anaerobic rod, is one of the major pathogens associated with periodontal disease...
- Periodontal disease in patients with ankylosing spondylitisN Pischon
Department of Periodontology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 69:34-8. 2010..AS has been related to other inflammatory diseases, however, there is a paucity of data on whether AS is associated with inflammatory PD...
- Lysyl oxidase (lox) gene deficiency affects osteoblastic phenotypeN Pischon
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, CharitéCentrum 3, University School of Dental Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 14197 Berlin, Germany
Calcif Tissue Int 85:119-26. 2009..However, mineral nodule formation and osteoblastic differentiation were markedly decreased, as revealed by significant downregulation of osteoblastic markers, type I collagen, bone sialoprotein, and Runx2/Cbfa1...
- Induced apoptosis of chondrocytes by Porphyromonas gingivalis as a possible pathway for cartilage loss in rheumatoid arthritisE Rohner
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Calcif Tissue Int 87:333-40. 2010..The data show that P. gingivalis promotes early and later stages of apoptosis of primary human chondrocytes, which might contribute to the joint damage seen in the pathogenesis of RA...
- [Pathogenesis of parodontitis in rheumatic diseases]J Detert
Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie und klinische Immunologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Deutschland
Z Rheumatol 69:109-12, 114-6. 2010..PD and rheumatologic diseases such as RA share many pathological aspects and immunological findings...