Affiliation: Humboldt University
- The association between rheumatoid arthritis and periodontal diseaseJacqueline Detert
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 12:218. 2010....
- Pocket depth and bleeding on probing and their associations with dental, lifestyle, socioeconomic and blood variables: a cross-sectional, multicenter feasibility study of the German National CohortHeiko Zimmermann
Institute of Public Health, University of Heidelberg, lm Neuenheimer Feld 324, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Oral Health 15:7. 2015..To investigate the periodontal disease status in a multi-center cross-sectional study in Germany. Associations of dental, socio-economic, blood and biomedical variables with periodontal outcome parameters were evaluated...
- Obesity, inflammation, and periodontal diseaseN Pischon
Dept of Periodontology, Charite University Medical Center, Campus Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Dent Res 86:400-9. 2007..Our aim is to raise the periodontist's awareness when treating obese individuals...
- Lysyl oxidase (lox) gene deficiency affects osteoblastic phenotypeN Pischon
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, CharitéCentrum 3, University School of Dental Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 14197 Berlin, Germany
Calcif Tissue Int 85:119-26. 2009..However, mineral nodule formation and osteoblastic differentiation were markedly decreased, as revealed by significant downregulation of osteoblastic markers, type I collagen, bone sialoprotein, and Runx2/Cbfa1...
- Periodontal disease in patients with ankylosing spondylitisN Pischon
Department of Periodontology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 69:34-8. 2010..AS has been related to other inflammatory diseases, however, there is a paucity of data on whether AS is associated with inflammatory PD...
- Effects of Porphyromonas gingivalis on cell cycle progression and apoptosis of primary human chondrocytesN Pischon
Department of Periodontology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Campus Virchow, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1902-7. 2009..It has been suggested that bacterial infections have a role in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). P gingivalis, a Gram-negative, anaerobic rod, is one of the major pathogens associated with periodontal disease...
- Association among rheumatoid arthritis, oral hygiene, and periodontitisN Pischon
Department of Periodontology, Charite Medical Faculty Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin, Germany
J Periodontol 79:979-86. 2008..Further, it is unclear to what extent poor oral hygiene among patients with RA may account for this association...
- Induced apoptosis of chondrocytes by Porphyromonas gingivalis as a possible pathway for cartilage loss in rheumatoid arthritisE Rohner
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Calcif Tissue Int 87:333-40. 2010..The data show that P. gingivalis promotes early and later stages of apoptosis of primary human chondrocytes, which might contribute to the joint damage seen in the pathogenesis of RA...
- [Pathogenesis of parodontitis in rheumatic diseases]J Detert
Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie und klinische Immunologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Deutschland
Z Rheumatol 69:109-12, 114-6. 2010..PD and rheumatologic diseases such as RA share many pathological aspects and immunological findings...
- Histomorphometry in antigen-induced arthritis of the rabbit temporomandibular jointS Rafayelyan
Department of Orthodontics, Dentofacial Orthopedics and Pedodontics, Center for Dental and Craniofacial Sciences, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Oral Pathol Med 44:67-74. 2015..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of a systemic administration of the tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) antagonist etanercept on AIA in rabbits by means of three different histological staining methods...