Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Human Langerhans cells selectively activated via Toll-like receptor 2 agonists acquire migratory and CD4+T cell stimulatory capacityMatthias Peiser
Institute of Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics, Charite CBF, Berlin, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 83:1118-27. 2008..Collectively, our results show that TLR2 expressed by LCs mediates inflammatory responses to lipopeptides, which implicates a central role in sensing pathogens in human skin...
- Classification of sensitizing and irritative potential in a combined in-vitro assayReinhard Wanner
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 245:211-8. 2010....
- TLR2-activated human langerhans cells promote Th17 polarization via IL-1beta, TGF-beta and IL-23Ehsan Aliahmadi
Charite University Medicine Berlin, Institute of Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Immunol 39:1221-30. 2009..Interestingly, blockage of TLR2 on PGN-stimulated MoLC prevented polarization of Th cells into Th17 cells. Thus, our findings indicate a role of TLR2 in eliciting Th17 immune responses in inflamed skin...
- Human Langerhans cells control Th cells via programmed death-ligand 1 in response to bacterial stimuli and nickel-induced contact allergyManuel Hitzler
German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment BfR, Department of Product Safety, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e46776. 2012..Our findings suggest that PD-L1 on LCs plays a crucial role in type IV allergic reactions and in response to bacterial stimuli by controlling the nature of inflammatory Th cell responses...
- A new dendritic cell type suitable as sentinel of contact allergensMaximilian Schreiner
Institute of Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Toxicology 249:146-52. 2008..Animal-based assays do not meet this requirement. The LCSA provides dose-response information, thereby allowing prediction of the relative ability of a substance to induce sensitization...
- Human monocyte-derived dendritic cells express TLR9 and react directly to the CpG-A oligonucleotide D19Victoria Hoene
Institute of Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics, Charite CBF, Arnimallee 22, 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 80:1328-36. 2006..Microarray analysis pointed to a participation of Type I IFNs. In fact, D19-stimulated moDC secreted considerable amounts of IFN-alpha. This indicates that moDC themselves sense viral and bacterial DNA and do not need help from pDC...
- ICOS and CD28 reversely regulate IL-10 on re-activation of human effector T cells with mature dendritic cellsEsther J Witsch
Molecular Immunology, Robert Koch Institute, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Immunol 32:2680-6. 2002..Our data thus indicate a selective regulation of IL-10 secretion by ICOS on re-activation of effector T cells with professional antigen-presenting cells (bearing CD80 and CD86) in lymphoid tissue...
- Keratinocytes rapidly readjust ceramide-sphingomyelin homeostasis and contain a phosphatidylcholine-sphingomyelin transacylaseReinhard Wanner
Institut fur Molekularbiologie und Biochemie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 122:773-82. 2004..A transferase of that kind would allow rapid adjustment of local lipid composition in response to acutely changed conditions. In addition, this transferase might have a function in the formation of the epidermal permeability barrier...
- Human epidermal Langerhans cells differ from monocyte-derived Langerhans cells in CD80 expression and in secretion of IL-12 after CD40 cross-linkingMatthias Peiser
Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Free University of Berlin, Arnimallee 22, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 76:616-22. 2004..In difference to MoLCs, LCs resisted activation by CD40L and LPS in terms of IL-12 production. This shows that natural and generated LCs share similar features but differ in relevant functions...
- CD1a and CD1c cell sorting yields a homogeneous population of immature human Langerhans cellsMatthias Peiser
Department of Dermatology and Allergy, Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
J Immunol Methods 279:41-53. 2003..We conclude that human epidermal LCs obtained by the CD1c cell-sorting protocol are optimal candidates with which to elucidate the properties and capabilities of immature cells and to develop immunotherapeutic vaccines...