Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Systemic therapeutic options for carcinoidMarianne Pavel
Charite University Medicine, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Semin Oncol 40:84-99. 2013..Increased efficacy requires a better understanding of the underlying tumor biology and identification of molecular pathological criteria to allow appropriate preselection of candidates for targeted therapies...
- Novel therapeutic agents for the treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumorsM E Pavel
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Berlin, Germany
Horm Metab Res 43:844-53. 2011..This review provides an overview on novel drugs, focus on the impact of recently approved drugs on the management of NET disease, and outline future perspectives...
- [Metastatic neuroendocrine neoplasms. Non-surgical treatment strategies]M Pavel
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin, Germany
Chirurg 82:612-7. 2011..This review presents the management of patients with small intestinal and pancreatic NEN with respect to the functionality and tumor grading. The use of novel targeted drug therapy is included in a therapeutic algorithm...
- [Poorly differentiated neuroendocrine carcinoma of the larynx. Diagnostic features, treatment strategy, and prognosis]M D Jumah
Klinik für Hals Nasen Ohren Heilkunde, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Charite Campus Mitte, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin
HNO 57:135-41. 2009..Small cell carcinoma of the larynx is a rare, poorly differentiated neuroendocrine carcinoma (NEC). It is often diagnosed late, with delayed initiation of adequate therapy...
- A matter of the heart: myocardial metastases in neuroendocrine tumorsH Jann
Department of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Horm Metab Res 42:967-76. 2010..Management of cardiac metastases requires close cooperation between specialists of internal medicine, nuclear medicine, and cardiac surgery...