Affiliation: Humboldt University
- How oligoclonal are germinal centers? A new method for estimating clonal diversity from immunohistological sectionsJose Faro
Department of Biochemistry, Genetics and Immunology, University of Vigo, Vigo, Spain
BMC Bioinformatics 14:S8. 2013..Based on a simple model, investigators concluded that a typical GC was seeded by 2-8 B cells, endorsing the current notion that GCs are oligoclonal from the onset...
- Recirculation of germinal center B cells: a multilevel selection strategy for antibody maturationMichal Or-Guil
Systems Immunology Group, Institute for Theoretical Biology, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Immunol Rev 216:130-41. 2007..The concepts of iteration, all-or-none behavior, and phasic mutation schedule are discussed in the light of this hypothesis...
- Is there a typical germinal center? A large-scale immunohistological study on the cellular composition of germinal centers during the hapten-carrier-driven primary immune response in miceNicole Wittenbrink
Systems Immunology Laboratory, Department of Biology, Humboldt University Berlin, D 10115 Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 187:6185-96. 2011..DZ and LZ differ in the T cell-to-macrophage ratio rather than in the density of T cells...
- Epitope mapping using randomly generated peptide librariesJuliane Bongartz
Systems Immunology Group, Institute for Theoretical Biology, Humboldt University Berlin, Invalidenstr, 43, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 524:237-46. 2009....
- Broad volume distributions indicate nonsynchronized growth and suggest sudden collapses of germinal center B cell populationsNicole Wittenbrink
Systems Immunology Group, Institute for Theoretical Biology, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 184:1339-47. 2010..Possible causes of GC B cell population collapses are discussed in the context of the affinity-maturation process...
- A minimal model of peptide binding predicts ensemble properties of serum antibodiesVictor Greiff
Systems Immunology Lab, Department of Biology, Humboldt University Berlin, and Research Center ImmunoSciences, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
BMC Genomics 13:79. 2012..We analyzed the resulting antibody binding profiles with regression methods and formulated a minimal model to explain our findings...
- Affinity maturation of B cells involves not only a few but a whole spectrum of relevant mutationsArmin A Weiser
Systems Immunology Lab, Department of Biology, Institute for Theoretical Biology, Humboldt University, Invalidenstrasse 43, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Int Immunol 23:345-56. 2011..Moreover, our results suggest that maturation not only involves selection by means of affinity but likewise expression and stabilization of BCRs...
- Affinity profiling using the peptide microarray technology: a case studyVictor Tapia
Institute for Theoretical Biology, Humboldt University, Invalidenstrasse 43, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Anal Biochem 363:108-18. 2007..The experimental requirements needed to obtain reliable binding affinity predictions are discussed...