Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Effect of omalizumab treatment on peripheral eosinophil and T-lymphocyte function in patients with allergic asthmaOliver Noga
Department of Internal Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 117:1493-9. 2006..Omalizumab is a recombinant monoclonal anti-IgE antibody with proven efficacy in allergic diseases and further anti-inflammatory potency in the treatment of asthma...
- Regulation of NGF and BDNF by dexamethasone and theophylline in human peripheral eosinophils in allergics and non-allergicsOliver Noga
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Dept of Medicine Infectious and Respiratory Diseases, Charite, Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin 13353, Germany
Regul Pept 132:74-9. 2005..Recent studies have shown that the neurotrophins NGF and BDNF are produced by eosinophils. The influence of neurotrophins in allergic diseases including asthma has been described. The regulation by pharmacological substance remains unclear...
- Basophil histamine release decreases during omalizumab therapy in allergic asthmaticsOliver Noga
Department of Internal Medicine, Respiratory and Infectious Diseases, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 146:66-70. 2008..The evaluation of responders to anti-IgE treatment is critical to maximize benefit/risk/cost ratio. The aim of the study was to monitor the efficacy of anti-IgE treatment by ex vivo basophil histamine release...
- Selective induction of nerve growth factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor by LPS and allergen in dendritic cellsO Noga
Department of Infectious and Respiratory Diseases, CharitÃ©, University Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 38:473-9. 2008....
- The production, storage and release of the neurotrophins nerve growth factor, brain-derived neurotrophic factor and neurotrophin-3 by human peripheral eosinophils in allergics and non-allergicsO Noga
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 33:649-54. 2003..Recent studies have shown that neurotrophins are produced by and can act on several immune-inflammatory cells. The origin of circulating as well as local neurotrophins is unknown...
- Activation of the specific neurotrophin receptors TrkA, TrkB and TrkC influences the function of eosinophilsO Noga
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Charite, Campus Virchow, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 32:1348-54. 2002..Recent studies have shown that nerve growth factor (NGF) can act on several immune cells as well as residential cells. But little is known about their role in modulating eosinophil function via activation of high-affinity receptors...
- Differential activation of dendritic cells by nerve growth factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factorO Noga
Department of Infectious and Respiratory Diseases Charité, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 37:1701-8. 2007..Dendritic cells (DCs) play a major role in the induction of inflammatory processes with an increasing role in allergic diseases as well...
- Monocytes of allergics and non-allergics produce, store and release the neurotrophins NGF, BDNF and NT-3Bettina Rost
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Department of medicine Infectious and Respiratory diseases, Charite, Humboldt University, Augustenburger Platz 1, Berlin 13353, Germany
Regul Pept 124:19-25. 2005..However, the exact cellular sources involved in the regulation and release of neurotrophins in allergic inflammation are still not well defined...
- Immunological and clinical changes in allergic asthmatics following treatment with omalizumabOliver Noga
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 131:46-52. 2003..Both parameters decreased significantly (p < 0.05). Peripheral eosinophil count decreased significantly compared to placebo (p < 0.01). These findings suggest that omalizumab has potential as a novel treatment for allergic asthma...
- Neuronal plasticity in persistent perennial allergic rhinitisAxel Fischer
Occupational and Environmental Medicine Research Unit, Division of Allergy Research, Otto Heubner Centre, Charite School of Medicine, Free University and Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
J Occup Environ Med 47:20-5. 2005..Because the innervation may play a role in the pathogenesis of the disease, the present study analyzed nasal mucosal nerve profiles...
- Mobile Air Quality Studies (MAQS)-an international projectDavid A Groneberg
Department of Informatics, The Institute of Occupational Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Medical School of the Freie University Berlin and the Humboldt University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Occup Med Toxicol 5:8. 2010..Primarily, the MAQS-platform will focus on particulate matter. With the establishment of advanced mobile analysis tools, it is planed to extend the analysis to other pollutants including NO2, SO2, nanoparticles and ozone...
- Correlation between immune and neuronal parameters and stress perception in allergic asthmaticsR A Joachim
Department of Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, CharitÃ© Center for Internal Medicine and Dermatology, CharitÃ© Universitaetsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 38:283-90. 2008..By inducing a pro-inflammatory cytokine milieu, stress might enhance airway inflammation in bronchial asthma. We therefore investigated the correlation of stress perception and the cytokine profile of circulating lymphocytes in humans...
- Omalizumab inhibits allergen challenge-induced nasal responseG Hanf
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Charite, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Eur Respir J 23:414-8. 2004..Omalizumab may provide a new strategy for the treatment of allergic rhinitis...
- Efficacy, safety, and acceptance of beclomethasone dipropionate administered via a new dry powder Inhaler or a standard CFC metered-dose inhaler in asthma patientsG Kunkel
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Humboldt University Charite, Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Respiration 70:399-406. 2003..Moreover, user-friendliness and acceptance of the two devices were compared...
- The influence of inhalative corticosteroids on circulating Nerve Growth Factor, Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor and Neurotrophin-3 in allergic asthmaticsO Noga
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Charite Campus Virchow, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 31:1906-12. 2001..Elevated plasma levels were found in inflammatory, autoimmune and allergic diseases with the highest levels in allergic asthma. A connection between bronchial hyper-responsiveness and serum levels has been reported...
- Omalizumab decreased IgE-release and induced changes in cellular immunity in patients with allergic asthmaG Hanf
Department of Internal Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Allergy 61:1141-4. 2006..A little is known about the immunological pathways affected by the decrease of circulating free IgE during omalizumab treatment...
- Efficacy and safety of formoterol delivered through the Novolizer, a novel dry powder inhaler (DPI) compared with a standard DPI in patients with moderate to severe asthmaR Otto-Knapp
Charite, Virchow Klinikum, Humboldt University, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 21:47-53. 2008..The objective of this study was to show non-inferiority of inhaled formoterol therapy delivered through the Novolizer compared to formoterol delivered through the Aerolizer in patients suffering from moderate to severe asthma...
- Cell type-specific regulation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in states of allergic inflammationD A Groneberg
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Free University and Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 37:1386-91. 2007..Because the precise regulation of gene transcription in mast cells MCs is not clear, the present studies assessed the gene regulation of BDNF in this inflammatory cell type...
- Trigeminal nasal-specific neurons respond to nerve growth factor with substance-P biosynthesisE Mingomataj
Department of Pneumology and Immunology, Allergy Centre Charité, Otto Heubner Centre, Clinical Research Unit of Allergy, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 38:1203-11. 2008..However, the effect of NGF on trigeminal neurons innervating the nasal mucosa of the mouse has not been investigated so far...