Affiliation: Humboldt University
- [Treatment for fecal incontinence in patients with anorectal malformations. Introduction of a therapeutic approach]Stefanie Märzheuser
Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderchirurgie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Pflege Z 66:612-5. 2013..In these patients an effective management program with enemas can improve their quality of life. We want to present our experience with bowel management and anorectal irrigation as treatment for stool incontinence. Material and..
- Assisted reproductive techniques and the risk of anorectal malformations: a German case-control studyNadine Zwink
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Aging Research, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:65. 2012..Therefore, we assessed the risk of anorectal malformations (ARM) after in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)...
- Hirschsprung disease in the older child: diagnostic strategiesStefanie Maerzheuser
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 51:1087-90. 2012..Hirschsprung disease is usually diagnosed in patients who are younger than 1 year; but in some individuals it is found later in childhood...
- [Traumatologic pediatric emergencies--part I: Injury, drowning and blunt abdominal trauma]Stefanie Märzheuser
Klinik für Kinderchirurgie der Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Anasthesiol Intensivmed Notfallmed Schmerzther 44:440-4. 2009..The public health approach to injury involves not only deaths but also the burden of disease and loss of health from disability. Severe traumatologic pediatric emergencies are thermal injury, drowning and blunt abdominal trauma...
- Prospective evaluation of comorbidity and psychosocial need in children and adolescents with anorectal malformation. Part one: paediatric surgical evaluation and treatment of defecating disorderS Maerzheuser
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Campus Virchow Clinic, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Pediatr Surg Int 25:889-93. 2009..Treatment of defecating disorder was based on differentiation between overflow pseudo-incontinence and true faecal incontinence...
- Hydrocolonic sonography: a helpful diagnostic tool to implement effective bowel managementS Märzheuser
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Campus Virchow Clinic, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353, Berlin, Germany
Pediatr Surg Int 26:1121-4. 2010..Hydrocolonic sonography is a helpful diagnostic tool to assess colonic volume and motility to predict the type and volume of enema needed for an effective bowel management...
- German network for congenital uro-rectal malformations: first evaluation and interpretation of postoperative urological complications in anorectal malformationsStefanie Maerzheuser
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Pediatr Surg Int 27:1085-9. 2011..The current issue was to assess the postoperative sequelae related to lower urinary tract dysfunction in patients with ARM...
- [Comorbidity and psychosocial need in children and adolescents with anorectal malformations]Dominik Schmidt
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Klinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatik und Psychotherapie des Kindes und Jugendalters, Berlin
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 59:38-51. 2010..Psychosocial assistance is important to reinforce acceptance and integration of coping with the illness in one's life. Early intervention can prevent psychiatric disorders later in life...