Affiliation: Humboldt University
- The efficacy of classical massage on stress perception and cortisol following primary treatment of breast cancerMiriam Listing
Center for Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy Berlin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Luisenstr 13a, Berlin, Germany
Arch Womens Ment Health 13:165-73. 2010..However, perceived stress and cortisol serum levels (p = 0.03) were significantly reduced after massage therapy (T2) compared with baseline in the intervention group. Further research is needed to validate our findings...
- Mid-aortic syndrome: computed tomography angiography depicting extensive collateral circulation in an 11-year-old patient with thoracoabdominal aortic coarctationMichaela Krohn
Institut fur Radiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Vasa 41:132-5. 2012..In this article we report the case of an eleven-year-old patient with the initial diagnosis of a mid-aortic syndrome and present the computed tomography angiography pictures and reconstructions before and after surgical therapy...
- Depression, mood, stress, and Th1/Th2 immune balance in primary breast cancer patients undergoing classical massage therapyMichaela Krohn
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Support Care Cancer 19:1303-11. 2011..This pilot study investigates the effects of massage on depression, mood, perceived stress, and the Th1/Th2 ratio in breast cancer patients...
- Well-differentiated neuroendocrine carcinoma mimicking an echinococcus cyst of the liver in CT-MRI findings with hepatocyte specific contrast materialMichaela Krohn
Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 20:439-42. 2011....
- Massage therapy reduces physical discomfort and improves mood disturbances in women with breast cancerMiriam Listing
Department of Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Charité Center for Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Psychooncology 18:1290-9. 2009..CONCLUSION. Classical massage seems to be an effective adjuvant treatment for reducing physical discomfort and fatigue, and improving mood disturbances in women with early stage breast cancer...