Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Complex mental and physical activity in older women and cognitive performance: a 6-month randomized controlled trialVerena Klusmann
Department of Psychiatry, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin CBF, Eschenallee 3, D 14050 Berlin, Germany
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:680-8. 2010..However, the differential effects of complex mental and physical activities on cognitive performance in humans remain to be clarified...
- Activity experiences shape perceived fitness trajectories: results from a 6-month randomized controlled trial in older womenVerena Klusmann
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn 18:328-39. 2011..The characteristics of the activity experience seem to determine the perceived fitness changes. We conclude that actual learning experiences improve one's self-concept of abilities...
- A brief questionnaire on metacognition: psychometric propertiesVerena Klusmann
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Aging Ment Health 15:1052-62. 2011..A brief 9-item questionnaire was developed, assessing metacognition with two subscales covering metamemory and metaconcentration...
- Adherence to physical and mental activity interventions: coping plans as a mediator and prior adherence as a moderatorAndrea Evers
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Eschenallee 3, Berlin, Germany
Br J Health Psychol 17:477-91. 2012..Adherence to behavioural intervention programmes is a necessary condition for beneficial outcomes to be achieved. This study tested whether social cognitive variables and coping plans predict adherence...
- Improving cognition by adherence to physical or mental exercise: a moderated mediation analysisAndrea Evers
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Aging Ment Health 15:446-55. 2011..The role of adherence to an intervention is examined to further understand the relationship between performing new challenging activities (either mental or physical ones) and their putative cognitive benefits...
- Long-term adherence to a physical activity intervention: the role of telephone-assisted vs. self-administered coping plans and strategy useAndrea Evers
Department of Psychiatry, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Psychol Health 27:784-97. 2012..This study investigated the role of coping plans and the use of selection, optimisation and compensation (SOC) strategies within an experimental evaluation of a 26-week physical exercise intervention...