Affiliation: Humboldt University
- Prospective study on the mismatch concept in acute stroke patients within the first 24 h after symptom onset - 1000Plus studyBenjamin Hotter
Center for Stroke Research Berlin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
BMC Neurol 9:60. 2009..Primary endpoint of the study is infarct growth determined by imaging, secondary endpoints are neurological deficit on day 5-7 and functional outcome after 3 months...
- Validity of negative high-resolution diffusion-weighted imaging in transient acute cerebrovascular eventsBenjamin Hotter
Department of Neurology, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Stroke 44:2598-600. 2013..We attempted to quantify the rate of false-negative high-resolution (hr) DWI and to identify a valid screening tool to guide follow-up MRI to diagnose infarction initially not visible on hrDWI...
- Search for a map and threshold in perfusion MRI to accurately predict tissue fate: a protocol for assessing lesion growth in patients with persistent vessel occlusionIvana Galinovic
Center for Stroke Research Berlin CSB, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 32:186-93. 2011..The goal of our study was to find a minimally biased yet maximally useful perfusion postprocessing protocol which would offer the treating physician a useful estimate of tissue fate...
- The potential of microvessel density in prediction of infarct growth: a two-month experimental study in vessel size imagingChao Xu
Center for Stroke Research Berlin, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 33:303-9. 2012..As a follow-up study, we assessed these parameters for microscopic description of ischemic penumbra and their potentials in predicting lesion growth...
- Automated vs manual delineations of regions of interest- a comparison in commercially available perfusion MRI softwareIvana Galinovic
Center for Stroke Research Berlin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, Berlin, Germany
BMC Med Imaging 12:16. 2012..The goal of our study was to compare the performances of these approaches...
- Early Time Course of FLAIR Signal Intensity Differs between Acute Ischemic Stroke Patients with and without Hyperintense Acute Reperfusion MarkerAnn Christin Ostwaldt
Center for Stroke Research Berlin CSB, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 37:141-6. 2014..It is accompanied by a markedly increased rSI in the early ischemic lesion on FLAIR images, which is likely due to parenchymal enhancement. The lack of differences on B0 images excludes a pure T2 effect. © 2014 S. Karger AG, Basel. ..
- Fully automated postprocessing carries a risk of substantial overestimation of perfusion deficits in acute stroke magnetic resonance imagingIvana Galinovic
Center for Stroke Research Berlin, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 31:408-13. 2011..We tested the hypothesis that existing software solutions, on account of numerous artifacts, produce hypoperfused tissue even in a cohort of patients with no ischemia...
- Hyperintense acute reperfusion marker on FLAIR is not associated with early haemorrhagic transformation in the elderlyMichal Rozanski
Department of Neurology, Center for Stroke Research Berlin CSB, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 20:2990-6. 2010..The hyperintense acute reperfusion marker (HARM) has been described as a predictor for haemorrhagic transformation (HT) in acute ischaemic stroke. We hypothesised that this phenomenon is not present in the elderly...
- Impact of selection criteria on recruitment in an interventional stroke trialBenjamin Hotter
Center for Stroke Research, Charite University Hospital Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 36:344-50. 2013..We proposed that slight modifications to inclusion criteria might augment recruitment without causing selection bias...